Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have your windows tinted? Can anyone recommend a good shop for high quality tint job in Southern California? Do you know if the dealer will tint the front passenger windows?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had mine tinted at the dealer. They did a nice job although it was a little pricey. They did indeed tint the passenger and driver window with no questions asked.

Had I not had it done at the dealer, I would have taken it to the Tint Shop in Santa Fe Springs. I had my old car done there, they did a great job and it was very reasonable.

They are pretty well known. Give them a call.

[This message has been edited by toofaust2 (edited November 14, 2000).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mind telling me how much the dealer charged and what type of tint you got. Did they go to the edge of the windows or did they leave a space. I hear that there are also different type of tint papers. Did the dealer offer you various options? Thanks in advance.

·
15,322 Posts
FYI dealers usually contract local shops to do their tinting as well as install aftermarket dash kits. ask them what shop they use because they tend to contract to shops that only do quality work. if you have it tinted at the dealer they charge you markup, just ask them what shop they use and take it there yourself, trust me you'll et a better price and the same workmanship and guarentee (if applicable)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I'm almost certain the dealer used an outside contractor to tint the windows. Seems to be the norm.

They ran the tint to the absolute edge of the glass as well as below he weather stripping. Did a nice job as I said.

As far as price I honestly don' remember exactly because it was all lumped in with the closing costs, interior and exterior treatment etc. I'm thinking it was close to $300 which is a little outrageous. I would think an outside shop would get you out the door with all window tinted for under 200. I just didn't want to deal with the hassle.

They did offer several options. The various shades, colors i.e. gold metallice etc. They didn't really offer a choice of brand or anything of that nature, but had I inquired more they may have presented more specific options.

Hope that helps answer your questions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
toofaust2
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing