Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: I have a dark grey IS and am about to get a tint job on it. The Cops are pretty stingy about that so i was thinking if i have a dark interior 50% would probably look good enough. What do guys think? :crazy:

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have a GGP also...I went 35 all around and I think it looks great...The tint is not dark at all...Just perfect for a GGP I think...

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
:roll: I have a dark grey IS and am about to get a tint job on it. The Cops are pretty stingy about that so i was thinking if i have a dark interior 50% would probably look good enough. What do guys think? :crazy:
If you have hardass cops around your area, 50% should be good enough.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i got 30% and it's perfect

·
Registered
960 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
I just had 50% tint put on my car (GGP) and it looks very subtle. It almost looks OEM. Though the tint doesn't look that dark I noticed a big improvement in heat gain when parked in the sun. I can also still see well when backing up at night, something some of those darker tints can make a little challenging. Go for the 50%.

·
Registered
67 Posts
check to see what the minimum requirements for tints are in your state. mosts i believe are 30% or 35% all around. i would get the ones as close to the legal limit as possible. i had 20% as was very satisfied...but a little hard to see @ night.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah well the legal tint is 50% :bitching: in ohio yeah i know it blows Thats why i was considering just keeping it legal so i don't have to worry about it :-?

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah well the legal tint is 50% :bitching: in ohio yeah i know it blows Thats why i was considering just keeping it legal so i don't have to worry about it :-?

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
Well at least you don't live in CA, where it is illegal to have tint on the front windows...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
irv_usc said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
Well at least you don't live in CA, where it is illegal to have tint on the front windows...
still did it! haha...if u just do a 50% tint on the fronts its nice, and cops won't do anything about it.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Is the legal limit of 50% only for the front windows cuz most factory SUVs have 20-35% in the back. If that's the case go with 20% in the rear and 50% in front. The black interior will make the 50s still look dark. With my 20s I can still see out the back at night esp when backing out. FYI legal limit where I live for the fronts is 35% which is what I have (although my sig doesn't mention that).

·
Registered
65 Posts
I live in Florida where the legal limit is 35% for the front. I got my car tinted 15% it the back which is real nice and 35% in the front. The difference between the two tints is very obvious and the 35% is pretty much nothing even with the black interior. I think it looks pretty bad so I'm planning to get the front redone at 15% because the cops down here arent too stingy about ilegal tint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
bgwillyIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing