Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: I have a dark grey IS and am about to get a tint job on it. The Cops are pretty stingy about that so i was thinking if i have a dark interior 50% would probably look good enough. What do guys think? :crazy:

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have a GGP also...I went 35 all around and I think it looks great...The tint is not dark at all...Just perfect for a GGP I think...

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
:roll: I have a dark grey IS and am about to get a tint job on it. The Cops are pretty stingy about that so i was thinking if i have a dark interior 50% would probably look good enough. What do guys think? :crazy:
If you have hardass cops around your area, 50% should be good enough.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i got 30% and it's perfect

·
Registered
960 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
I just had 50% tint put on my car (GGP) and it looks very subtle. It almost looks OEM. Though the tint doesn't look that dark I noticed a big improvement in heat gain when parked in the sun. I can also still see well when backing up at night, something some of those darker tints can make a little challenging. Go for the 50%.

·
Registered
67 Posts
check to see what the minimum requirements for tints are in your state. mosts i believe are 30% or 35% all around. i would get the ones as close to the legal limit as possible. i had 20% as was very satisfied...but a little hard to see @ night.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah well the legal tint is 50% :bitching: in ohio yeah i know it blows Thats why i was considering just keeping it legal so i don't have to worry about it :-?

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah well the legal tint is 50% :bitching: in ohio yeah i know it blows Thats why i was considering just keeping it legal so i don't have to worry about it :-?

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
Well at least you don't live in CA, where it is illegal to have tint on the front windows...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
irv_usc said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
Well at least you don't live in CA, where it is illegal to have tint on the front windows...
still did it! haha...if u just do a 50% tint on the fronts its nice, and cops won't do anything about it.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Is the legal limit of 50% only for the front windows cuz most factory SUVs have 20-35% in the back. If that's the case go with 20% in the rear and 50% in front. The black interior will make the 50s still look dark. With my 20s I can still see out the back at night esp when backing out. FYI legal limit where I live for the fronts is 35% which is what I have (although my sig doesn't mention that).

·
Registered
65 Posts
I live in Florida where the legal limit is 35% for the front. I got my car tinted 15% it the back which is real nice and 35% in the front. The difference between the two tints is very obvious and the 35% is pretty much nothing even with the black interior. I think it looks pretty bad so I'm planning to get the front redone at 15% because the cops down here arent too stingy about ilegal tint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts