Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a silver with black interior. I am
thinking of tinting the car. However, if I tint the windows, does that mean I can not use the window defog function anymore???
Anyone know what I should buy for taking care of my ecasine leather seats..(i.e. the brand name of the suede leather conditioner that I should buy???) Thanks..

BTW, I really like the IS300.net. It seems people are generally very polite and supportive of each compared to posting on the
edmunds.com where people just hit on each other with unkinded words... Congrads to everyone ont the is300.net where everyone on it is a gentleman and a scholar..(ladies, too)

------------------

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Tinting doesn't interfere with the defogger. Go to www.tintdude.com for everything you wanted to know about tinting.

I would follow the owner's manual recommendation for cleaning the seats. It may simply suggest soapy water but I don't remember for sure.

·
8,880 Posts
Lexus dealership has a leather cleaner and conditioner available. Try that.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Lexol makes a leather treatment that maintains the natural moisture to keep the leather new and is recommended by many car detailers for leather care. It can be found at most true automotive stores. Lexol also makes a cleaner to remove salts and dirt absorbed into the leather.

For the ecsaine part of the seats, I've heard that soap and water is usually the best for cleaning. 3M may still make some good protectant products for fabric. It should be something similar to what the Lexus dealer sells (Lexus uses a product containing "Banoyl" which looks like a ScotchGard-type spray). Of course the dealer will charge you roughly $600 for applying that spray to the fabric/carpet in your car.

If anyone knows of any other really good "protective" products for the interior (seats, carpet, etc.) please pass them along.

·
Registered
241 Posts
cdm2--
I kinda like my windows "untinted" with the black int, lots of people ask if my windows are tinted anyways. I'm in Rowland hts quite often, since my girlfriend lives there, have i seen your is300? any mods? So far, I'm all stock but would like to slam it sometime soon.
Originally posted by cdm2:
Hi, I have a silver with black interior. I am
thinking of tinting the car. However, if I tint the windows, does that mean I can not use the window defog function anymore???
Anyone know what I should buy for taking care of my ecasine leather seats..(i.e. the brand name of the suede leather conditioner that I should buy???) Thanks..

BTW, I really like the IS300.net. It seems people are generally very polite and supportive of each compared to posting on the
edmunds.com where people just hit on each other with unkinded words... Congrads to everyone ont the is300.net where everyone on it is a gentleman and a scholar..(ladies, too)

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
Registered
135 Posts
I use Lexol on the leather and vinylex on the vinyl. Don't know what to use on the perforated stuff??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
gebo
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing