Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering whether the factory alarm can be used with the window roll up relay so that you can arm the car and have any open windows roll up at the same time.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
ALSO COULD THE WINDOWS BE ROLLED DOWN TOO?, I know that on my RX300, it goes down, but not up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I thought TEG posted something about the C-BEST whatever system being able to be programmed to roll the windows up ??

Did anyone talk to their dealer about the programmable options ?

My friend's 2000 Audi A4 had the ability to have it programmed.. it doesnt come from the dealer like that, but with the right cable and software, he "enabled" it..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I really don't know for sure all the things that can be changed by C-BEST. I think auto-closing windows was on our "we wish it could do it" list, but not necessarily possible...

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can always use an aftermarket relay and window / sunroof load sensor to accomplish this. Most good Bosch relays are $15, a decent sensor is $30 and will send power to 2 windows or one window and the sunroof, etc. Just need to find a wire from the alarm cpu that is hot when the alarm is armed.

[This message has been edited by tabarry (edited October 18, 2000).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts