Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windows and locks arent working properly since I installed my alarm. I cant control the other 3 windows from the drivers side controll module. And my power locks aren't working. I took it back to the alarm installer and he could not fix it..he even took out the alarm. I took it to the lexus dealer twice and they dont seem to know either...its not the fuses and its not the control module. They think it might be the wiring or the ecu..does any1 have an idea of what is wrong with me car?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Check and see what the wires are doing when you activate the switches. See if they change polarity. I also had a similar issue a while back. Turned out to be a fuse in the passenger kick fuse box. Might wanna check that out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
you may want to have the MPX module checked out.

I had an issue with my power door locks, dealer had to replace the MPX module (just a suggestion).

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
So felix, any update on your car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i took my car back to the car alarm guy and he messed around with the car and he still couldn't fix it...so at this point Im just gonna take it to the dealer and tell them to work on the car untill its fixed...I have an appointment on wednesday..i will keep u guys updated.....i hope the dealer doesn't mess up my strobes and cop sirens lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
good luck with the repair.

just remeber that all serviced techs are not created equal. i had to bring my IS300 in to the dealer for a problem with my door locks. First trip, they gave the car back to me and said no problem. Second time, my service rep put their best tech on the case. He was able to diagnose and repair the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright so i got the car back and it is finally fixed. It turned out to be the MPX..the cost, u ask......$950!!! The car alarm guy was pissed...but oh well..u break u buy!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts