Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any window cleaning tips? i have a tint in the windows and everytime i celan them i leave streaks and marks on the outside that ican't get rid off. the tint just makes them more noticable, especially in the sun.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I get good results with ammonia-free windex and plain old newspaper. If you do it when the windows are warm after being outdoors, the windex evaporates right off after a couple wipes.

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't believe you really use newspaper to wipe off your windows. Can i use it just to dry em off after I wash the car?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Microfiber cloths work the best.

They don't scrath (although they feel like they would) and you don't have to use any cleaning sprays.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Newspaper is nothing new. People have been using it for a long time. Never get streaks. You'd be amazed how well it works over paper towels for instance. Cheap too

·
Registered
306 Posts
As a followup, what do you recommend for cleaning the inside of the windows? The inside gets that nasty film on it from the gases released from all the vinyls and plastics. Everything I use seems to just spread it around. Lots of times it will look clean, then a day later it will be foggy again.

·
Registered
921 Posts
marke1 I have the same problem on the front window. It bugs the sh$t out of me too. No matter what I use, amonia free or not, it still fogs w/in a week. How do i remedy this?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
i know one company claims that their protectant doesn't build up film on the inside of the windows. i'm not sure if this would actually rememdy the problem though, sorry.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Try use a clean damp cloth to wipe on window. Then use a clean dry cloth to wipe until dry. Do NOT wait til the window is dry before wiping.....doesn't work that way. Been doing that for the past 10 years.....Never fails.

Driving with window(s) down will cause dirt and dust to accumulate on the inside surfaces of windows really fast. If you don't care to wipe windows almost everyday to keep it clean, avoid such practices.

My 2 cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
dude
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing