Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my car, the salesperson said the original shipment of cars had the feature where, if you hold down the unlock key long enough, the windows and moonroof open automatically, just like the Volks Wagon Commercial.

Anyone else hear of this feature?

Paul

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
The original shipment? IE the first/second shipments? if that were the case a) it would be in the manual b) they would have it on all the cars c)let me go check mine (i got one of the first cars off the second shipment) BRB

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
your salesman was pulling your leg. Didnt work, and I doubt it would be just the first shipment...it just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess so, the sales guy said they disabled the feature for some reason. The sales guy seemed pretty gunine about it.

He wasn't sure if my car had it so he gave it a try....didn't work.

Maybe he was ****ting me or was thinking about another car.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
If they can disable that feature, they can re-activate that feature, too.....

Go talk to them again, and see how they gonna re-activate it...

Andy Kuo

------------------
Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

http://akry.homestead.com

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by paulwu:
I guess so, the sales guy said they disabled the feature for some reason. The sales guy seemed pretty gunine about it.

He wasn't sure if my car had it so he gave it a try....didn't work.

Maybe he was ****ting me or was thinking about another car.....

Sorry to be cynical, but you can't use "car salesman" and "genuine" in the same sentence. They call that an oxymoron. No pun intended.

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
486 Posts
My salesman also thought that the car had that feature and tied to show it to me. He said the other Lexi had it, and was surprised and embarressed when it didn't work. It would be nice, but it wouldn't/didn't effect my buying decision.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The salesman was confused, he better go back and get retrained on the features of the IS. That feature does work on the RX300. Don't know about other Lexus' though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts