Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new member needs some help,and I know this may seem strange but I am hoping someone else has experienced what I am.I have a nearly stock 2002' IS and over the last month or so I have noticed a undeniable,very apparent noise, it starts at about 30mph and sounds wind related like a door is ajar or a window is opened a quarter inch but everything is closed.Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
dont worry, most people get this.................i hear it too, kinda bugged me at first but then again thats why our stereo is good :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Lisa-

I would suggest giving your local Lexus dealer a call if you car is under warranty, then have it checked out. Just an extra tip just in case you didnt know, but if you do happen to call them and if the car needs an overnight stay or two, ask for a Lexus loaner car in return. Most Lexus dealerships would oblige to that request.

Shams

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lisa
Mine did this also at all speeds,So I just brought it to the dealer and they replaced my weather seal on the driver's side....nice and quite now or else I would of lost my mind.

P.S
They might just try to adjust your door(makes the door close a bit tighter to the seal),This didn't work for me.
This takes 30 min. to do and another 30 to put the seal on.You shoulnt need to stay over night on something this minor

P.S#2
Dont let this get you down about the car,really/very minor problem and congrats on your car :D

·
Registered
975 Posts
Lisa's IS said:
A new member needs some help,and I know this may seem strange but I am hoping someone else has experienced what I am.I have a nearly stock 2002' IS and over the last month or so I have noticed a undeniable,very apparent noise, it starts at about 30mph and sounds wind related like a door is ajar or a window is opened a quarter inch but everything is closed.Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I just tap my power window button and it kinda goes away. Then it kinda comes back so I tap it back up, and then later it...

Well, I'm not sure if this is how I bought it from the dealership. It's been a while since my car got broken into and i got the door/window fixed. So it just may not have been fixed properly (I didn't take it to the dealer to fix it).

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a wind noise on highway only (over 65 mph). I also will ask the dealer to check it out on my next service. Is it normal; wind noise on 65 mph, I did not hear any on my benz?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just went from a dealer and test some IS even RX, they are built the same, means that there will be wind noise on the highway speed (over 65mph). And the tech said it's normal. Try this flip/ close the outside mirror; it will make more noise than ever.
:(

·
Registered
628 Posts
im not sure if i have much wind noise but, i def. have a seal problem. i started noticing moisture on the inside part of the door a few months back after heavy rains. then a few weeks back i was driving into work and a few drops came down from the top of the driver's side window during a heavy rainstorm, :shame: . i went to my dealer today and without even looking at it they said it was a common problem and ordered me a new seal. i should have the seal on in two weeks when i get back from travelling, ill see if it takes care of wind noise too.
:chill:

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Sorry I'm too lazy to find the thread about that that I read a long time ago, but a lot of people were finding out that a plug under that car that plugs up the A pillers hole on the bottom of the car had fallen out. So at about 30 plus miles per hour, it sounds like a window is open or that there is a bad seal, but really air was flowing through the piller. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i had this same problem and i took it in and one of my body plugs had come out so i could hear like all outside noises from bumbs to wind to everything. it was a real pain but its all good now!

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Peter_Klim said:
Lisa's IS said:

Thanks
I just tap my power window button and it kinda goes away. Then it kinda comes back so I tap it back up, and then later it...

Well, I'm not sure if this is how I bought it from the dealership. It's been a while since my car got broken into and i got the door/window fixed. So it just may not have been fixed properly (I didn't take it to the dealer to fix it).
WOW!! This is OLD!!

I was reading this reply and said to myself "that's exactly what I do and what happends to me!!" ...then I realized it was my reply!! :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
hope this helps!

Yeah this topic came up a while back and a Lexus mechanic saw the post and sent me an email to post on this site so I'll repost it:

Yo, sorry for the direct email but im not a member of is300,net just read all the posts for the hell of it, (im a Lexus Mechanic and own a 03 sport cross) anyway, your wind noise (spread the word as needed) is probably caused by a missing body plug under the car. It is located on the "frame rail " area by the drivers feet, the hole is oval and is designed for vehicle tie down during transport on a truck. Without the plug wind noise travels up the a pillar and sounds very similar to a "slightly open window". these plugs are on both sides of the car front and rear, and new plugs can be attained at your lex. dealer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts