Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some wind noise coming from the driver side of my car. It only happens when I was going above about 75. It's like a light rustling sound; you can hear it when the stereo is off.

I took it to the dealer and they assured me that it had nothing to do with the window seals. We even took it out on the highway and replicated the noise.

In the end, the service rep thought the only explanation was that it was the driver side mirror causing this noise. Just the natural turbulence. Has anyone had this experience?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just expected the ride to be a bit quieter. Is there anything that can be done to elminate the noise ? Am I gonna have to coat the mirrors with Vaseline ? jk

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is what the dealer will do just like sambusik ..they use a silicone spray ..( the one u lube ur seat belt ) to all the weather strips..but after few months or 1 winter later..ur wind noise will be there again..
so in that time if u have a service done tell them to replace the weater strip ..is a easy job ..many teach will do and it cover by the warrantee

·
Registered
78 Posts
i m apoligize to everyone in this forum
"so in that time if u have a service done tell them to replace the weater strip ..is a easy job ..many (tach) will do and it cover by the warrantee?

tach = technichan

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Corolla:
That is what the dealer will do just like sambusik ..they use a silicone spray ..( the one u lube ur seat belt ) to all the weather strips..but after few months or 1 winter later..ur wind noise will be there again..
so in that time if u have a service done tell them to replace the weater strip ..is a easy job ..many teach will do and it cover by the warrantee
Thanks! I'll be sure to bring it up. I'm going there next week to get a new tire installed. I'll have them do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts