Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just me, or is this a problem seen by others?

My passenger side door is closed.......of course...
but when I'm driving, I can hear the wind noise
like it's cracked open or something......
I've checked the seal around the door, it looks good.....the window
goes up all the way.....i can pull on it from the inside real hard and the noise
goes away...so clearly it's not closing ALL THE WAY like it should..
just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this issue?

·
Registered
291 Posts
i never tried this but a friend of mine had the same problem with his acura. here what he did he took some of that clear silicone sealer and put in a very thin film between the rubber inside where the window would slide into and after it completely dried then he closed the window and it went away. see diagram below.

after the silicone dries the next time you close the window, it should cause the window to pinch much better. this is just a suggestion that i have not tried but if you feel it bothers you that much then maybe give this a try

and the wording in that honey mustard color says rubber molding not mobling, i didnt realize it looked that way until i posted it so...im sry:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dont read the post if it bothers you that much!

Nobody on this site needs people like you answering their damn questions.
So i had a question that's been asked by somebody else, several times before..

Don't reply if it bothers you......let somebody else answer me.

I've seen a lot of things happen on this site..new people ask simple questions and the "KIDS"that have been on this site for a while, think they reign supreme......and have to give people crap when they dont wanna use the "SEARCH" to get an answer....I used the search ass hole, and didn't get the answer I was looking for, so I posted my question.....

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Alright everybody cool their jets. It is the internet, don't take offense to everything you don't agree with or like, it feeds the fire. The search police are on every forum website, it is part of the internet, no getting around it. If you did infact search prior to posting, say that you did, or show that you put in some effort, it will usually let people know that at least you tried.

Also instead of saying "search" either provide a link, or move on and let somebody else help the new person. I see threads all day I could respond to, but I let others be helpful and then +rep them. Nobody wants to read the same people answering every question anyway.

If it is especially heinous repost, report it and we will lock them.

Remember we all started out noobs with our 1st post.

p.s. can't curse in the on-topic forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts