Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for posting this event. I'm now signed up and waiting delivery of my helmet. Can't wait!
Stan

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey i Saw Stan up there, glad you signed up, i'm the younger of the Daves (there's two). Where did you buy your helmet from and how much? Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
NHRA requires SFI helmets, what do these events require?

David

·
Registered
235 Posts
Helmets

This event requires a helmet with a Snell rating of 95 or higher. I got mine on eBay used (but looks brand new). A google search of "Bell helmets" brought up lots of vendors, but I have no experience ordering from any of them. Bell has a range of auto helmets starting at about $200.

·
Registered
353 Posts
ISzBest said:
Hey i Saw Stan up there, glad you signed up, i'm the younger of the Daves (there's two). Where did you buy your helmet from and how much? Thanks
I guess that makes me the wiser of the Daves. As long as you don't call me the slower of the Daves to my face. :lol:
Glad to see other IS300's out there. See you in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks Dave for letting ride with you for a few laps, very educational!
I just installed some sways this last weekend and hope to get a PLP intake on before the next event. My street tires (Potenza SO3's) got chewed up quite a bit at the last event so I see a set of track rims and tires in my future.
See you there, and hopefully it will cool down a bit by then!
Stan

·
Registered
235 Posts
As I mentioned above, I installed Eibach sways this weekend. Although the instructions didn't mention it, should I have the alignment checked with the new sways, and if so, should I run them a few hundred miles first or have the alignment done right away? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
soareyes said:
As I mentioned above, I installed Eibach sways this weekend. Although the instructions didn't mention it, should I have the alignment checked with the new sways, and if so, should I run them a few hundred miles first or have the alignment done right away? Thanks in advance.
Alignment is not necessary when installing sway bars. Reason is that suspension geometry did not change.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dave said:
Was another good day at the track..
It was nice meeting the other Lexus drivers. See you next time.
Yeah that was a blast, thanks for the ride Dave. Now its time to start saving for some racing tires/rims. 8)

·
Registered
353 Posts
You shouldn't need an alignment as a result of the sways, but if you're still running stock specs, you should take this opportunity have it done. Max our your negative camber (on a stock ride height car) keeping everything else w/ in factory specs. This should get you a little more grip.
Guys, don't jump up to race tires too soon. Learn the limits on the stockies first. Race tires are much less forgiving and not as good a learing tool.
see you next time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts