Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting Volk racing GT-U rims. I was thinking about the following size for the 03 Is

18 x 8 + 44 front ( mid-type offset )

18 x 9 + 36 rear ( Super high-type offset )

Im planning on doing a BBK so i need it to clear. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments if this is a good size ? If anyone is running this size please post pics. Any cutting,rolling or pulling involved ? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had 17x8s with 215s on the front with stock fenders and no rubbing. The rear will probably work depending on tire size, camber, and work done to fender. The rest of my.is will be here soon to ask you why you want such an agressive offset and probably end up arguing about stretched tires.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
You must be crazy, to post on this forum you must use +50 or higher offsets or you will end up getting followed around the forum by a bunch of overly conservative car enthusiasts with too much freetime.

In short, they will fit, the rear will take some work.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
You must be crazy, to post on this forum you must use +50 or higher offsets or you will end up getting followed around the forum by a bunch of overly conservative car enthusiasts with too much freetime.

In short, they will fit, the rear will take some work.
Yo, dawg! If u wants madd Dryfto skyllz, put some 20mm spacers on dem rimz wit 205's!

Read the title of the thread before you come in here spreading your crap.

Will this fit comfortably? Most people aren't comfortable pulling fenders, stretching tires, running high negative camber, etc. (As you obviously found out.)

Anyway, the front will be perfect. The rear would need about -15mm more offset. Like Mr. Fitment said, it would take some work.

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
I think i found a size.
18x8 +47 front
18x9 +47 rear
it will work with a roll,if not you may have slight rubbing which will lead to tire ware. unless your on stock height...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im planning on lowering it on Tein CST about 2" all around. pretty much close up the fender gap.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i dont think your rears will work. im dumped on JICs and i run VOLK SF Winnings with an 8.5" +48 in the rear with negative camber and shave fenders (tucking tire). i think the 9" in the rear will require a good deal of fender modification (pulling + shaving/ rolling).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So probably

18x7.5 +47 front
18x8 + 47 rear

??

Im basically looking to get a nice stagered look in the back. Finding the best size is complicated for the I.S.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
So probably

18x7.5 +47 front
18x8 + 47 rear

??

Im basically looking to get a nice stagered look in the back. Finding the best size is complicated for the I.S.
sounds good. honestly, i wouldn't go staggered again. especially if its only .5" difference (i run 8" in the front and 8.5" in the rear). too much hassle and it gets pricey.

and i couldn't agree with you more on the finding the best size. stupid high offsets for lexus cars and little to no lip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts