Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so what I am down to is the VOLK CE28N. I will be purchasing a set in about a month. According to www.rayswheels.co.jp's "Matching" List of 18" CE28N for ALTEZZA.
Here's the link: http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/cgi-bin/cgi2/matching.cgi?modelName=CE28N&inchIndex=4

The "suggested" specs are:

Front:
18 x 7.5 +50 215/40

Rear:
18 x 8.0 +38 215/40

Do these look right? And yes that's the exact size and width I wanna get (18x7.5 front and 18x8.0 rear). So any offset expert plz take a look if these are right, coz I really dont want my new rims to rub. Thanks alot!

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
hmmm
those arent great "suggested" specs at all
why are you running diff widths but the same tire size?

imo a good "suggested" spec would be
front: 18 x 7.5" +42 225/40
rear: 18 x 8" +42 235/40

no need for shaving or rolling

you should do a search. theres alot of info on offsets etc

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's wat I thought too, like how come the tire size are the same....but when i checked the difference of 215/40-18 to our stock 215/45-17 is only like a 6% difference (from this link: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html which i got from this thread: http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=225790 ), which is the minimum from all combinations...so i guess the messsing up of the speedo and odo is minimal....but i guess the ride comfortablility would be ROUGH
and yea...18" should better go for 225 front and 235 rear....dats wat i hv been told by many of my friends....but i ono....i mean those are the "Matching" specs from Rays....any one else wanna give some opinions?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
endleesss said:
I think your answered your own question.
But I wouldn't go staggered.
not really...maybe for the tire spec parts, but not the offsets part....i mean something close to +45 offsets would be reasonable...but why would Ray's suggest +50 offset for the front and +38 for the rear...isn't that we pick the offsets that are closest to our stock offsets? (which is +45 if I am not mistaken)

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
xxaltezzaxx said:
not really...maybe for the tire spec parts, but not the offsets part....i mean something close to +45 offsets would be reasonable...but why would Ray's suggest +50 offset for the front and +38 for the rear...isn't that we pick the offsets that are closest to our stock offsets? (which is +45 if I am not mistaken)

Stock offset is +50

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMPRIMIS said:
Stock offset is +50
then isn't +38 way too off..........mang........i ono......i can never grasp the concept of offset......i guess i should learn more before i make decisions....

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
xxaltezzaxx said:
then isn't +38 way too off..........mang........i ono......i can never grasp the concept of offset......i guess i should learn more before i make decisions....

yeah may be doing some fender mods to get it right.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts