Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at buying a used set of rims from someone

just wondering if these would fit and if not what kinda fender work would i need to do

thx

the info is as follows

Wheel Size: 19x8 1.5" Lip/19x9.5 3.5" Lip
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
Wheel Offset: 35MM / 40MM
Tires: Toyo T1R
Front 245/35/19
Rear 275/35/19

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
You can make the fit but not with those tires. The car in this picture is running F:19×8.5J+36 with 225/35 and R:19×9.5J+36 with 245/35.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
You can make the fit but not with those tires. The car in this picture is running F:19×8.5J+36 with 225/35 and R:19×9.5J+36 with 245/35.

I agree the stated setup can be made to fit. However, I worry that not all the information is being included.

A person has to ask certain questions when told a certain wheel size will fit:
To make this fit ...were the fenders rolled or shaved or both ...by how much? Were the fender liners modified ...by how much? How stretched are the tires and the consequences of doing this? How much camber was put in to clear the fenders ...and consequences of doing this?

The veterans on this site know what goes in to making this setup fit ...certain things come into play when pushing the limits for the offsets. However, the newbies don't know this. When telling someone that a certain setup can be made to fit ...the work that needs to be done to make it fit should be included.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
If I knew what he did to make them fit I would of said. Those things have to be close though. That is the Japanese style. But white is right, don't think you can slap those wheels on and load up your friends in the back and have no problems. I had 19x8.5 +38 in the rear with 235/35 with rolled fenders and I rubbed when I hit bumps....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts