Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
This question could be taken two ways...

1> No the manual trans IS300 will not have shift buttons on the steering wheel.

2> Yes, they will probably keep the e-Shift for the automatic transmission equipped IS300s that will sell alongside the manual versions.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yes, there will be e shift with the manual. Also, there will be a rocket launcher button with several options for short, mid and long range missiles. Careful, these options can really drive the price up.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hey! I also heard that you can get the manual tranny separately. They've designed it so that you can do-it-yourself swap between the manual and the auto in less than 15 minutes!!!

Also heard that they're coming out with a universal tranny adaptor where any current transmission makes can be fitted onto the car!!

If that's the case, I definitely have my mind set on a Yugo manual. Cheap and does the job!!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I really think he means #2. Will the IS300 still have an E shift on the auto when the manual comes out? That's how I take it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
dude
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing