Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just called me up as I have a deposit down on their 1st 350. Apparently, the 2 they are receiving do not have the ML or Nav. What kind of crap is this? I heard that the 1st deliveries weren't going to come in with these features. Can someone explain to me why? Is this fact or do you think I will be able to find a 350 fully loaded? Thanks guys.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
uh, read your post again. what do you want?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Maximus330I said:
My dealer just called me up as I have a deposit down on their 1st 350. Apparently, the 2 they are receiving do not have the ML or Nav. What kind of crap is this? I heard that the 1st deliveries weren't going to come in with these features. Can someone explain to me why? Is this fact or do you think I will be able to find a 350 fully loaded? Thanks guys.
Just wait and order the car later...
You'll be paying more anyway if you buy it as soon as it hits the streets

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Its been said before so you probably wont get a fully loaded IS at launch, you'll have to live with it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I am afraid of that. Why would Lexus not ship cars that are fully loaded on their 1st allocation? Just doesnt make sense to me. Does anyone know why? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Maximus330I said:
I dont understand, you put money down for the new IS but you didn't order what options you wanted. What kind of BS is that? So these dealers are just taking your money without even putting in your order!!!
I ordered a 325XI with options and the car isn't even in the showrooms yet...better yet, these models are still in production. I don't understand Lexus marketing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ska said:
I dont understand, you put money down for the new IS but you didn't order what options you wanted. What kind of BS is that? So these dealers are just taking your money without even putting in your order!!!
I ordered a 325XI with options and the car isn't even in the showrooms yet...better yet, these models are still in production. I don't understand Lexus marketing.
Don't confuse DEPOSIT with ORDER. Dealers took deposits on vehicles, but didn't (couldn't) order any specifics. The dealers will get their allotment in the coming weeks, but there's no guarantee of the configuration. They will only be able to place build orders for vehicles after Oct 17. So until then, those of us that put down deposits will have to chose a vehicle based on what Lexus has deemed the "popular" configurations based on your region.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts