Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted in the General section that the 18in wheels from the new IS has offsets of 50 rear and 40 front. Can somebody confirm if these will fit the 1st gen IS? I plan on swapping them onto my current IS for daily driving and get aftermarket wheels for the 350.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
webhed said:
Someone posted in the General section that the 18in wheels from the new IS has offsets of 50 rear and 40 front. Can somebody confirm if these will fit the 1st gen IS? I plan on swapping them onto my current IS for daily driving and get aftermarket wheels for the 350.
I don't see why not

The stock size on the IS is a +50 so should be fine

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
webhed said:
Oh, we saw this coming from a long time ago!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
What is the bolt pattern ? 114x5 again ?

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
To the Chop Masters.... why don't someone photochop the wheels on the 1st Gen IS??

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
more importantly to me, what's the width?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
I'll let you ALL know in a week.. but not for the Standard 18's..

I just ordered a set of the optional G-Spyders and a set of the Tourmalines... Which have already been the optional rims for the 06' GS for over 6 months already...

Size: 18x8
offset:45+

I will be test fitting both... Which ever looks better, will be the ones I pick...!!

Stay Tuned!!

I guess I just leaked the info that I will most likely have the 2006 IS350 Spyder Wheels on my 2001 IS300.. :p

:cool:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
webhed said:
That can be the case, but I'm not 100% sure...?

Fact: The Standard 18"s on the IS350 have a staggered tire set up, so I'm sure the rims are 18x8F and 18X8.5 rear

I think: with different offsets

Fact: The IS350 has a huge Front Brake Caliper!! :p

Joe Z

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Baby Lexx said:
A related question: Will my 16" snow tires from my IS300 fit the IS250? Is the bolt pattern the same?

Yes

Bolt pattern is the same

5X114.3

16/17" wheels have the same, a lot of cars have this pattern

·
Banned
2,059 Posts
Someone get the g-spiders and tell me how they look on a first gen. Is.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
boyishracer said:
okay here is my attempt, +rep if you like
+ rep for the chop, now lower that bizznatch.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts