Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I sold my IS and just bought a G35 coupe and was wondering if my koni yellows and my hotchkis springs would fit. I asked on the g35 forums too but figgured you guys may know

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt think so but i have heard of stranger things fitting from different brands and cars just thought I would ask before i sold the konis

·
Registered
38 Posts
I heard that people often take stock 350 springs and other suspension parts and put them on g35's to lower them. I doubt the lexus stuff though

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
no. :disagree:

make a buck

·
Registered
209 Posts
I heard that people often take stock 350 springs and other suspension parts and put them on g35's to lower them. I doubt the lexus stuff though
That ONLY pertains to 350z's and G35's. Parts of the suspension are interchangable. Namely, the springs and struts. Also, when I had a S13, I could take SOME suspension links from the S14 and put um in with very slight modification

but to the OP: NO. changing the suspension from a G35 to a IS (or vice versa) will NOT work and i highly suggest you don't try it. What gave you the idea that you could interchange it in the first place?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
woww.. well yeah they are not interchangeable

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
wow, thats all i can say,
well i guess you could always try and then feel dumb,
or is that too late? like everyone says, they are not interchangeable

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Hey guys I sold my IS and just bought a G35 coupe and was wondering if my koni yellows and my hotchkis springs would fit. I asked on the g35 forums too but figgured you guys may know
Wow...I've been a member here since 2003 and this post just.... *speechless*
:poke:

I'm gonna go to sleep now and forget I ever read this... :pissed:

·
Registered
650 Posts
i've seen someone put camaro springs onto an ae86. somethings could be wierder

1 - 18 of 18 Posts