Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will they fit?

i need a new front bumper, and i was looking at Carson Tuned or l-tuned which is a replica of the TRD Neo one front bumper. i am worried about the fitment issues since they are not made by OEM. Can anyone tell me how is the fitment of the carson-tuned bumpers?

i also want to do something unique that no ones has done before- SportCross front. it looks like it would fit perfectly, but can it be done?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
well i've seen some carson tuned bumpers, and the fitment hasn't been bad at all from the ones i've seen, as for the sportx bumper, yeah they fit, and yes it has been done before, there are some pics somewhere on the .net
it is something different though, you would however need to buy the sportx fog lights cuz the sedan ones dont fit of course.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
SportX bumpers will fit on sedans.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Where's Joe Z and his old school IS300 pics... He had the SportX bumper. Looked really nice. For some, you could tell something was different, but it still looked factory.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
i found some old pic in a old thread. hope he doesn't mind, i really like it!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
yeah, it fits and looks ok

·
Registered
827 Posts
^that looks sweet haha

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a Sport Cross bumper on my sedan right now. I've been meaning to post up some pics of it and my new G-Spiders. I'll try to get some pics today.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just snapped a few. I like how from the side it picks up the body line of the sideskirt. I have a Sport Design grille with it. Not great pics but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah but since the IS300 is an older car not a lot of new aftermarket is coming

:(

It ALLL depends on the IS300 owners...... I also own an AE86 Corolla GTS... 20+ years old and there have been more things designed for it in the past 10 years, then there were the first 10!!!!!!

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
there is nothing new under the sun... lol

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
yeah but since the IS300 is an older car not a lot of new aftermarket is coming

:(
the IS300 still has ENDLESS things to do that nobody has done yet. you dont need "new aftermarket"

there is so many kits for the IS that nobody have yet cause everybody wants to stay classy/sleek with the trd lips, rmm's, cwest.

not many people push the boundaries and try new kits/company's and go to the agressive side.

·
Registered
703 Posts
the IS300 still has ENDLESS things to do that nobody has done yet. you dont need "new aftermarket"

there is so many kits for the IS that nobody have yet cause everybody wants to stay classy/sleek with the trd lips, rmm's, cwest.

not many people push the boundaries and try new kits/company's and go to the agressive side.
have to pay to play

when I had my IS300 I had something not a lot of people had, I paid a lot to be different I suppose

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all your replies, i really want a classy look and yet aggressive, what should i go with?
my car is red, and im runing on a set of 18" dark bronze TE37

1 - 18 of 18 Posts