Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or does it loosen up over time. And does the auto tranny shift as smooth after 50K plus miles?

I'm 2000 into mine and I'm afraid that it won't always be so incredible to drive.

·
8,743 Posts
Ive got 26k on mine now, and there is a little settling and things that occur, however i think moist of my interior rattles are due to the system and having the interior taken apart a few times.... but on the whole, it drives and feels like the day I got it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
James Hong said:
lol funny title
:lol: :eek: :lol:

my tranny feels alittle hard now... :lol:
so i bought the Teck Grounding Kit, in hopes of it actually making it at least alittle better

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Rav4skyracer said:
James Hong said:
lol funny title
How bout same title but you place, "girls" for "IS".......
:eek: :lol:

dude...whats with your dots.... :eek:

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
well think of it this way: will your girl always be really tight and fast? obviously not, but you should enjoy it while you can (and since it's a lexus you'll enjoy it for a while)

·
8,849 Posts
It is a well-built machine. With some maintenance, it will.

·
11,054 Posts
30K+ miles...still feels like new. :D

·
Registered
769 Posts
i'm about to hit 40k miles, and my car is still going strong. Still hella fun to drive. :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
30K miles and rides like a truck... Harsh and rattles like fuck it gets worse... :(

Well i do drive like a nut so what do u expect

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Kamis300 said:
30K miles and rides like a truck... Harsh and rattles like f*ck it gets worse... :(

Well i do drive like a nut so what do u expect
dont forget NYC roads arent that good, bumps and potholes will do it to your car. i did 130mph on gavanus expway with new ///m3 hanging on my ass, i think thats when i starded getting rattles in interior.
i need to get one of those submarine systems in my car which will worn me on structural integrity status when driving too fast on bad road.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
51k and my is drives like the first day I bought it in fact after I broke in the engine it picks up and drives even better...It is well maintained of course....

:wink:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Kel3 said:
51k and my is drives like the first day I bought it in fact after I broke in the engine it picks up and drives even better...It is well maintained of course....

:wink:

Find that real hard to believe :-?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
dude I am in NY all the time in fact If I drive my IS I may be there this weekend....your welcome to go for a spin in it if you like and see for yerself... :wink:

yes there is subtle noise due to my coilovers when I go over bumps but no interior rattling and the engine still runs/sounds like new...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts