Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im ordering some wheels online, and then buying tires at a local store and getting the wheels powder coated. It seems like it would be a hassle if I had to test mount the wheels, because I have to put on the tires/drive around then have the tires taken off again and stored while the wheels are being powder coated. These all the wheel size and tire size im going for. What I want to know is, with these sizes, will I be safe to not even go for a test mount and powder coat the wheels? If I powder coat the wheels, I obviously won't be able to return them if they don't fit.....another thing to consider is my car is dropped on coilovers (i dont know exactly how much, previous owner did this) and I have about a 1 finger gap between the top of the wheel and the fender, I'll probably have to raise the coils a bit, Im clueless when it comes to wheels and that part of the car...

18x7.5 - 5x114.3 - 43 wheels mounted on 225/40/18 tires all around

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
the 18x7.5 with at 43 offset should be fine...
what i would do, is mount them on the car without tires (still in the air on jackstands) to make sure it will clear the calipers.
the ride height shouldnt be a problem, if it is you can always roll/shave the fenders or raise the car up a bit.
personally i dont think you need to mount the tires on the wheel then drive on them. if you did your research you should be ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts