Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself, I will soon be a proud (i hope!) owner of an '08 IS 250 AWD come this Saturday.

I swore I would never buy a Japanese car, I also swore I would never get an automatic.. but I got a good deal and I loved the car when I test drove it so here's to hoping I won't be disappointed.

I am the previous owner of an Audi TT and before that a Golf GTI 1.8T..

Unfortunately my TT was totaled 3 weeks back and I have been looking at an '08 A4 Sline Quattro, 08 BMW 328XI Coupe, Mercedes C300 4Matic.. and as of yesterday the IS 250 AWD..

I had already put a down payment on the Audi but I just switched that over to the IS (well i'm still trying to get my money back from Audi but that should be taken care of by EOD)..

As I said, I loved the drive with the IS yesterday, it is Starfire White w/ black interior, navi, BT, rear camera, xenon's etc.. My only concern is that the car seemed really sluggish (maybe because I am not used to auto).. this didn't turn me down from the car however because I have recieved one too many speedign tickets and those days are over.. still.. over 8secs 0-60 is a tad disapointing.. im hoping that it wont be too much to get that number closer to 6-7.

Anyways, I will post some pics here over the weekend as soon as I pick it up, cheers!!

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
My only concern is that the car seemed really sluggish (maybe because I am not used to auto).. this didn't turn me down from the car however because I have recieved one too many speedign tickets and those days are over.. still.. over 8secs 0-60 is a tad disapointing.. im hoping that it wont be too much to get that number closer to 6-7.
Hi, daSilVetZ

Welcome to da Club. To the right of the steering wheel you'll see a PWR/ECT/SNOW button on the dash. If you put it on PWR, it will hold onto the lower gear longer before upshifting, giving you more PWR. Some owner's feel that it's very touchy acceleration and braking. Check it out!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Newbie Lexus Owner too

I just picked the last 07 IS250 in a 6sp MT in our area last week for a price that I'm still shocked at ($28k Canadian) and I'm just loving every second in it. Especially considering the fact that we were looking at Mazdaspeed3's and Honda Civic Si's for around the same price or more!? Ah, I'll take the Lexus thank you! ;)

The power in the IS250 is pretty adequate but what I'm most impressed with is that the car seems to have the ability to go from 100km/hr (60 mph) to 140km/hr (84 mph) or even more with very little effort or complaint. It may be a result of the ultra smooth ride and/or the exceptional sound insulation or perhaps even the really low coefficient of drag/aerodynamics but I've never really experienced this kind of rush before in a car. The faster you go the more planted the car feels to the road!? Mind you this is my first performance and luxury performance vehicle for that matter but in any event it's a real performer for me.

All I can say is that I read about the MT being a little notchy and not as slick to use than say Honda/Acura sticks... but once you get use to driving it I find it completely satisfying. Still getting use to putting the transmission in 6th gear!? Which reminds me it seems to tell you that it seems to be very short considering it should be an 'Overdrive' gear? The revs are merely 500 rpm lower than 5th at most speeds. Not much lower to conserve fuel... seems to be a wasted gear.

Other than that one minor complaint... it IS what it IS! Truly love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Waiting for those pics ;)

I'm also in the market for a IS250 AWD in the spring.

I'm going from a VW passat glx 4mo of which has given me much grief and annoyance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the car! Update us soon with pics!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you get your IS250? I got mines last Saturday (3/8), its Starfire Pearl IS250 AWD, its nice I'm still enjoying it! I love it! lolz :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
You are killing us without pics ! :)
lolz I didn't mean to. I will soon take pics after there's no snow, actually it would be pretty nice to take pics in the white snow. I'll wait a little its almost spring and I don't really want my baby (my IS) to get dirty lolz

My IS is still pretty stock but I don't think I will do much to it because I've promise my parents I won't go mod crazy like I did with my Civic lolz Yes! This an upgrade and I'm so happy of my choice.

I will soon be a proud (i hope!) owner of an '08 IS 250 AWD
I'm quoting daSilVetZ

I am a proud owner of an '08 Starfire Pearl IS 250 AWD ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts