Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have one master key and looking to get another and program it myself. I'm looking at keys on ebay. Will any Lexus key transponder/immoblizer work with my 03 Lexus or do I have to get one specifically for the IS300. I'm really only looking for the inside brain parts since im going to get a switch blade casing. I been reading about the keys but didn't come across this question. I'm seeing some for sale that has the same look as the IS300 key with the 3 button but the item description doesn't list IS300, it list other models but will they work with the IS300?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nope. Gotta make sure the chip is specifically for the IS 300. I ran into this issue with a key I got off eBay in which the transponder was for an ES. Although I could program the remote, the immobilizer was never able to program.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Plus you want the trunk release on the remote.
The RX ones I was sent by mistake didn't have it, so I RMA'ed them and they sent IS ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.