Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shouldn't a MT vehicle be lower priced than an AT vehicle in general? So, if this is true then will the 2002 MT model be less than 30,995 (BASE)?? What are your opinions?

------------------
- Mexspeed

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Actually, I have heard that due to the decreased demand of manuals that to manufacture manuals vs automatics it is no cheaper, and in some cases, more costly. So, you could say that is a good reason why Lexus didn't offer a significant discount in its manual based SC 300 a few years ago. A savings of $1250 or $0 wouldn't surprise me.

Originally posted by mexspeed:
Shouldn't a MT vehicle be lower priced than an AT vehicle in general? So, if this is true then will the 2002 MT model be less than 30,995 (BASE)?? What are your opinions?

·
8,107 Posts
I agree, although manuals are cheaper to manufacture, the cost of separate certification and low production offsets that somewhat. But the marketing department will insist on lowering the base price, then tacking on $1000 for the automatic, that way they make the same amount of money on most cars, but can advertise a lower price.

Originally posted by brad:
Actually, I have heard that due to the decreased demand of manuals that to manufacture manuals vs automatics it is no cheaper, and in some cases, more costly. So, you could say that is a good reason why Lexus didn't offer a significant discount in its manual based SC 300 a few years ago. A savings of $1250 or $0 wouldn't surprise me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing