Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This question is kinda last minute. I might be buying me some old Volk VR (mesh style wheels) for the IS. Her friend that I'm buying it from says they will fit, but I wanted to double check.

Specs are 17x8 in the front
17x9 in the back

Both are +44 ET. Will I have any issues with these sizes? I still suck at grasping the concept of figuring out offset when it comes to our cars. Will I need fender rolling for the rears?

Tried searching if there were any owners for this wheel. If you have a photo of these on the IS, I appreciate it if you post it up too.

Appreciate any answers, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Those will fit just fine. Show us some pics after you get them. :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you fellas. Guess it's safe to get them. I'll be doing some sort of paint/powdercoat work on them before I throw them on. Not a fan of regular silver wheels.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Mesh 17's are going to look tiny. You should tell your girl to get you some wheels that can vote*.

*if you are using them for the track, disregard.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thread is worthless without pics! haha. POST UP
Haven't had a chance to look at them yet, so good thing I did not buy them yet

Mesh 17's are going to look tiny. You should tell your girl to get you some wheels that can vote*.

*if you are using them for the track, disregard.
So true, reason why I have second thoughts. Just glad they haven't been purchased. Our friend finally got back from his Christmas vacation so I'll be taking a look a them later today. I'd probably buy them for some beater wheels though.

I wanted to powercoat the faces flat black with a gloss black or hyper black lip/black barrel.

Thanks for the input guys....+rep to you all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts