Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the widest/tallest tires you can fit on 18" wheels? front and back?
i know the IS doesn't have nearly as much wheel well as the Supra and the SC's right?

supra i had i was able to fit 315 in rear and 275 in the front

·
Registered
753 Posts
depends on how much fender work you want to do.

I think for a reasonable amount of work 235 front and 275 rear is about it but others have more experience I am sure...

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
It really depends on the specs for the wheel. Generally speaking 265 in the rear and 235 in the front. 9.5" rear and 8.5" front.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn that's disappointing! it has Supra power potential but with the limited wheel/tire size, there won't be no way of hooking it up!

i had a hard enough time hooking up in the supra when i had 315's in the back! granted it was 650-750whp, i can't imagine what it would do on a 265! lol

i've seen the fender flare kits, are they worth it? i wouldn't really want to hack up fenders on an IS just to get barely more room.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
A big tire is possibile, don't get me wrong. Not sure which members car this is, but these are some meats!

Edit: I looked it up and I think this is myis300t and these are 285s on a 18x10.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:jawDrop: daaaaaamn! why would anyone want to go wider than that
trust me, when you can't get traction at all under 100 mph, you start thinking about meatier tires!

thanks for the pic, that looks awesome!! it looks like they have over fenders or fender flares to help a bit. it looks like a 295 or 315 wide?

anyone know who's car that is or the specs on it (size of rim, tire, and over fenders)?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Max on stock fenders is 235F and 265R.

Rolled and massaged fenders can get you 255F and 285R

Fender flares can get you to 265F and 315R. I think isman at some point had this combination.

Reactions: Blue99Altezza

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Max on stock fenders is 235F and 265R.

Rolled and massaged fenders can get you 255F and 285R

Fender flares can get you to 265F and 315R. I think isman at some point had this combination.
I still do :)

18"x11" 35offset.

·
Registered
446 Posts
315 on the back looks tight!! I wish i could do it on my lexus..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
do you have any pictures of the IS with the 315 rear and 265 front? also what fender flare kit to make it work?

on that Blue IS, i think that might be a 285? not quite a 315? looks like a BFG though

would using 17" rims make fitting 315 tires more possible on an IS?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
do you have any pictures of the IS with the 315 rear and 265 front? also what fender flare kit to make it work?

on that Blue IS, i think that might be a 285? not quite a 315? looks like a BFG though

17" or 18" shouldn't matter. It's the offset you're interested in to fit the width.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts

The Blue IS is 285 KDWs which is still very wide on the stock modified fenders.

I have custom fender flares.
315/30/18s BFG dot Drag Radial

Keep in mind if you want to use 11" wide wheel to fit 315s in the back, you must go with a lower offset and compensate for the width or you'll touch the coil spring from the inside. This goes the same with the front or you'll touch the control arm inside. Thus my offset is 35 not the usual +55 that most people use for narrower wheels than 11s. The thread starter is right, if you're boost, you'll need as much traction as possible. The 315s dot DR definitely helps. 285 street tires still smoke 1st-3rd. Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts