Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest mod with a flip-flop shot just for SophieSleeps. ;)

eventually it's going to be mounted in the same spot, but I'm going to secure it better in that position, but flush with the guage controller. It's going to take a little modification to that plastic piece under the wideband display though.

Harness hiden under battery tray.

routed wires through passenger side firewall.

Here's some details on the wideband I got.
http://www.lindseyracing.com/wbos.htm

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
The info found on the link you provided does not work for me...dunno why.
Search on the net did not dig up any in depth info.

I have heard the name "wideband" mentioned before, but have no clue what is does. What is gained (or saved) by the driver being able to view the numbers displayed?

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the link doesn't work for me anymore either. I guess I blew there bandwidth or something. lol

I'll find more. It's hard to find links on the web to this wideband.

The wideband O2 sensor and display are used to sample the a/f ratio on a car. It allows you to know exactly what is going on and if you make modifications to your car you are able to modify your tuning to bring your a/f ratio back in line. Most people only run them on a dyno, but I'm all about saftey and knowing what's going on. ;)

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Thanks for the quick descrip.

So...I would have no interest in such an item because I have no intenion of "tweaking" with any F/I I have. I would quickly get in over my head :crazy: I have no clue what is a safe number and what number I should be pulling off the road going..."OH SH!T"!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i love that wideband!

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
IS_Dude said:
My latest mod with a flip-flop shot just for SophieSleeps. ;)

Nice pics. Nice install.
Get real shoes man. ditch the sandals.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does have an output to signal the a/f ratio for a standalone, but it's not hooked to anything and it doesn't have logging capability. But in reality you need either a program that integrates your tuning package and your wideband or it doesn't serve too much good. It'd still be nice to have(like the FJO), but I didn't think it was worth the extra $4-500.

Why would I move the trac off button to the center? It's much easier to hit(every single time I get in the car.....ugh...) where it is. lol...

Sophie- I thought for sure I'd get props on the sandles from you. ;) btw: I wasn't driving, just taking pics.

Neo302 said:
can you hook that one up to a laptop or log it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts