Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any people out there looking for wheel and tire packages for a set of 18's, I figured I would once and for all put some pics up of why Toyo Proxie FZ4's should not be purchased. This has been covered many times before, but have yet to see any pics actually put up. Keep in mind that two of these tires have 10,000 miles on them, and the other two have 15,000 miles on them. I went through hell and back with these things trying to get them to work for me, and they have been mounted and balance about 8 times throughout the process. Basically, what it boiled down to was actually having the tires force tested by my lexus dealership, and the diagnosis was the the sidewalls on these tires are just plain too hard. It is not an alignment issue or anything else related to the car, it's just that these tires plain suck. What ends up happening is that you get a shudder in your steering wheel between 50 - 60 mph, and there is nothing that you can do about it. Anyway, they are finally off of my vehicle, and I took some pics of them for all to see.

· Registered
5,780 Posts
IS4U2NV said:
For any people out there looking for wheel and tire packages for a set of 18's, I figured I would once and for all put some pics up of why Toyo Proxie FZ4's should not be purchased. This has been covered many times before, but have yet to see any pics actually put up. Keep in mind that two of these tires have 10,000 miles on them, and the other two have 15,000 miles on them. I went through hell and back with these things trying to get them to work for me, and they have been mounted and balance about 8 times throughout the process. Basically, what it boiled down to was actually having the tires force tested by my lexus dealership, and the diagnosis was the the sidewalls on these tires are just plain too hard. It is not an alignment issue or anything else related to the car, it's just that these tires plain suck. What ends up happening is that you get a shudder in your steering wheel between 50 - 60 mph, and there is nothing that you can do about it. Anyway, they are finally off of my vehicle, and I took some pics of them for all to see.

My T1-S does the same thing. Noisy as hell too!

· Registered
1,401 Posts
I've had both tires and never had that problem with the tires shuddering between 50-60.....

Current tires are T1-s and they aren't that loud, alot quieter than the FZ4's, now those things were kinda loud. The T1-s I have now, I've never had any problems like you have. Also when you rotate the tires are you flipping the tires also?

· Registered
253 Posts
i have those tires... and i dont have that problem either... and i like that they are tough tires... i have 235s though... also looks like u need an alignment.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont need an alignment

Actually, I don't need an alignment. Currently I have my stock rims and tires back on my car, and the issue is gone. This is strictly based on these tires, and the tires alone. Everything that could have possibly been done to the vehilce to correct this issue, has been.

· Registered
18,849 Posts
never had any issues with my toyo t1-s 225/40/18's...

they are great sticky tires, and excellent on the track as well....and in rain they grip well too...slight noise, other then that, never any problems...and feels so nice and smooth on good roads....

I would assume that different suspension might play a role too...

i guess some people got a bad batch... :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.