1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why are there very few red IS's around

·
8,880 Posts
It's too flashy. Not everyone likes it. And yes, you do get pulled over for that.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wus up Vlad_a? Im from Cleveland too.

I got a red IS300 and have not been pulled over yet. I wanted black, but there were no more 5speeds in the state in black when I bought my car. They shipped a red one from Pittsburg. I loved the red after seeing it next to a black IS300 when I went back to the dealer to see if they located a black car. I was hooked. So you know, I did go and the end of the model year when there is very limited selection. I believe I came out better. I said what the hell there is no real difference in 02 vs the 03, and saved some money.

I love my red car.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah they are kinda bright, but kinda nice in a way

·
8,880 Posts
Meta1, see my sig for OHIO MEET on AUG 16.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Red does draw alot of attention, some good and some bad.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
hmm

haha got pulled over about 6 times already. :lol:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Personally, I think the IS looks a bit like an econobox in red. Someone posted a thread a while back about it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I also wanted black but i decided red is flashier in good and bad ways i have Titanium tint in it and it looks sleek the window decals that i have on it match the color perfectly

I also have Red glow under the car in know people think itstoo ricey but at night it matches the paint perfectly i also put a hint of red glow on the foot wells of each seat thats enough glow for me it looks sleek :chill:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love my red IS and no I havent been pulled over yet. Ive only seen one other red IS in my area though which is good because it stands out since there arn't many.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
ded

·
Registered
282 Posts
Red is an eye-catcher and not for everyone. I've seen only one other red IS (on Bolsa in Westminster) so I'm not sure how available they are. It took a while to get mine and they finally located one in northern California. Never have been pulled over. No front license plate, either but officers in OC are evidently less concerned about that than, for instance, in LA.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok i gotta make my choice soon if i want a brand new left over 02 red or a new one and spend the extra 3g's. post pics of ur red or any red. tryin to see asmany as possible. thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts