Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter in the mail from my dealership asking me how my 1K mile check went. It was on a rated scale and had a # of different ?'s. I did not have time to fill it out. They called me a week later asking how my service went.

·
Registered
93 Posts
When I bought the car, the salesman went on and on for at least 20 minutes about how important it was for me to fill out the survey. He even sent me home with one already filled out with everything marked "excellent" so I would know what to do. I have to admit I have had very friendly people but I kind of thought the whole obsession with their survey was strange...

-a

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine sent me a steel coffee mug/cup/whatever and told me that they would send a matching one once the survey was returned -- also seemed to suggest that they were tied into the JD Power rankings, so this may have something to do with it as well.

Only problem is -- the coffe mug had the dealer logo on it and nothing particularly cool. I mean, why would I want another one of those? Cookies would be much better. Or maybe one of those bad-ass watches.

I just got my survey yesterday, and there's no middle choice -- you're either very satisfied or somewhat satisfied. I think they need those high ratings to keep corporate happy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When I friend bought his Honda, the dealer was obsessed with the customer sat. survey also.. I guess it might have something to do with the JD Powers thing.. but I think it might also have something to do with how the manufacturer treats individual dealers.. and that, might be tied into some kind of monetary compensation for the salesman.. the Honda dealer said if my friend brought back the survey with all excellents, they would "trade" him the completed survey for floormats.. and you know, for most cars its like a $100 "option"..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Wazzup

I live in IL too and was wondering what dealership you bought you car at, because they seem like very nice people. I think I will probably end up buying mines at Bredeman Lexus in Glenview, but I'm open to recommendations.

------------------

·
Registered
344 Posts
A couple of days after my wife and I bought our silver one, they sent us a cake as a thank you gift. And, when we went in for the 1000 mile check up, they set us up with an RX300 loaner car. Pretty impressive. Not to mention great service and very nice people. Still don't trust those salespeople though, not matter who they work for.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Yeah, Lexus is very strict on those survey. From what I heard, the only way to score bonus is if the salesman score perfect on all the surveys. As long as one has less than perfect score, his/her bonus is gone.
Here is an example of how good the service is. Last year my dad bought his RX300 from Longo Lexus, which is around 35 miles or so from my house (keep that in mind). He discovered that the car will make a whistling noise at speed above 70mph ( I think he is just being picky, it's wind noise), so he told the dealer. Because the car was brand new, they didn't know what the problem is, so it took us a few trips down there to eventually determind what causes the noise (the different spoiler you see in the 2000 model is the solution to this problem). Well, one of these trips was on a weekday when my parents had to work and I was off school, so I get to take the car in. Since they decided that they need the car for a while, I decided that I want to go home. Guess what, my parents cannot pick me up for another 4 or so hours and since I am under 21, no loaner car either. So they arranged a driver just to take me home (remember the 35 miles distance?). A few hours after that, they call my parents and told them that they will drop off a loaner car for us. Guess what, that afternoon when I look out the window, there is a brand new RX300 loaner car there. The car had less than 50 miles (after driving to my house). They left the car and let us drive for as long as we had to, until our car was done.
Now if you don't call this a good service, I don't know what is.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread, Lexus Carlsbad is loaning us a 4WD silver RX for a couple of weeks until my IS is in. So I fully agree with you. I think this behavior pays off so well, including the free advertising to all the friends you mention it to.

One thing I am finding I love on the loaner RX is its auto-dimming mirrors!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try returning the survey with a rating of less than excellent on it...

My friend did that and in return received a box of gourmet chocolates as an "apology".

·
Registered
17 Posts
As I have said before, we had the Absolute Worst service with our Lexus buying experience. From the sales and service guys, to the General Manager and owner of the dealership.
For instance, we wanted to take our car in for the 1,000 mile service, they told us that it would be three weeks before a loaner would be available. After speaking with the GM one was made available. When we dropped off the car, we were told that the loaner must be back in four hours, we brought the car back in four hours and our car wasn't even ready, we ended up having to wait an hour at the dealership. Then the service manager told us if we weren't going to give all excellent scores on the survey, then we should throw it out, yeah right.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey CiscoTech...
Got mine from Arlington Lexus. They're really good to work with there. I definitly recommend them. Although I don't think they'll willing to come down from sticker. I 've been to virtually every dealer in Chicago area and have not been able to get anything below sticker. So I just picked the dealer who treated me the best. I couldn't deal down with my car anyways because it had aftermakret stuff installed by the dealer (wing, dashboard, and rims).

The dealership is currently under renovation/construction, so it may be a little messy.

I just brought the car in for it's 1000 mile checkup, car wash, and brake inspection. Didn't have an appointment, but was curious if I could get in. Since I was squeeezed in the schedule and had to wait a little longer, they gave me one of those RX utility suvs as a loner, just to drive around and do errands for the morning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The dealership called us the day after and we received a letter in the mail expressing their thanks for our business. Impressive. Also, free car washes at the dealership for life? Wow!

·
Registered
323 Posts
kevin, did you get yours at magnussens? free car washes, pretty cool but i dont trust their car wash guys. when i picked my car up i had some swirl marks.

mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks wazzup =)

The dealerships that I have been to will not budge also =(. I will paying a visit to Arlington Lexus this weekend, I hope they have a Silver one 8).

------------------

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Salesman at Lexus of Orland (suburb of Chicago) tried to pass a survey to me filled out with all excellents. The only thing was, he wasn't excellent and it pissed me off that he would try to rig the survey and use me as a stooge. So, I sent a survey in with my evaluation (not his) only to receive a call from him upset at me about not giving him all excellent marks (he obviously is compensated for this). Can you believe this guy? He rigs the survey and then has the nerve to give me a hard time about sending in the true evaluation! No apologies from him, just anger.

I originally liked this guy because he didn't seem like your typical slime bucket of a car salesman but in the end all he cares about is the almighty buck! I should of reported him but I really like Orland's parts and service departments and I don't feel like rocking the boat (and I liked the cookies they sent me)

ELS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts