Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blue IS300 chrome, tints, and spoiler and the reason why i chose it is simple. I like the style of BMW but when everybody and anybody starts drivin it, i think it loses its appeal. Why would you look at that car if u seen it 50 times today? I like to be rare and different. I would be annoyed if everybody had an IS. Mercedes are too expensive and dull looking.
P.S. I dont wanna hear how a Honda or Acura is faster or better than IS300. You gotta be joking me. I preferably like to drive a Lex nice and slow with the rims and music for the hunnies than zoom by them in a Hyundai at 120mph. IS300 has enough oomph.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I agree. But it will not be long before the IS300 is out there on every street corner. Enjoy your special time alone on the streets, because you won't be by yourself for long.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm not sure I agree that the IS300 is going to be "out there on every street corner". Even though Lexus will be making more of them, and they will come down in price a bit, almost $35K for a smallish 4-door sedan is a lot more than many people want to pay (those large masses that don't appreciate the good qualities of the IS as much as we do). I love it because it's got a lot of the things that make me like the 328is, but I consider the IS to be a better value. Many people that I know would NEVER justify a BMW and probably wouldn't think the IS is worth it either. Cosider that, along with the fact that Lexus isn't making that many of these cars (about 9,000 this year and what, 15,000 next year) and I'm confident that the IS will remain fairly rare. It's a far cry from the 250K Camrys or Accords or Taurus that are being sold every year, or 100K+ Grand Cherokees (or Durangos, or Explorers). You'll certainly see some IS300s driving around the city, but I don't think you'll be parking next to a whole bunch at the mall. I mean, heck, the 3-series has been out forever and you still don't see THAT many of them around (unless you live in CA or NY).

Just my $0.02...

Rob

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yea, we don't have ANY 3 series here in Dallas, Austin and Houston.

"I mean, heck, the 3-series has been out forever and you still don't see THAT many of them around (unless you live in CA or NY).

Just my $0.02..."

Rob

[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by brad (edited August 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
537 Posts
Texans don't like the 3-series too much, huh? Must be too busy buying 2WD trucks!

;-)

Rob

·
Registered
138 Posts
As for the texas comments..i live in houston,and there are PLENTY of 3series driving around..maybe not as much as cameries or accords, but there are plenty. Ull find more of the old model(the one before the new look)...as for the truck comment..my dad drives a 1996 f150(considering im chinese,people find it weird for us to have one)..we own the truck bc of the amount of stuff u can load...i want an IS..maybe in 3 or 4 years ill get mine. Not all of us texans want a truck..unless its a toyota =)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I spoke with my sales guy today and he said they have sold 40 IS300s in the last two months, although I have not seen another one other then mine yet.

I hope you are right, but I have give in to reality and that I am sure depending on where you live you will see a lot around.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
hey i juss fergot who the persons name was but the IS300's price is not gonna go down. its going up 1% a year. Thats what my Lexus dealer told me. the price will go up for about 3 years n stay there.

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
1% a year doesn't even cover inflation. I would expect it to go up more than that with each new model year changeover. Unless of course they do some price cuts along the way to deal with competition (like new C-class, etc.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts