Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2007 IS250 just acted today at 4 pm. It worked fine yesterday. Today I go to try to start it and everything is dead! I got other fob and still no luck. I am very frustrated as just paid $1000 to dealer about six months ago for new battery and fusible link! I opened up trunk release to find that now no black cover over the battery portion. Honestly, I never looked under there since it came home fixed from the dealer. But I do know that when it went to dealer for repair, it had a black cover there. Car parked in garage so nobody could even mess with it. It is always locked when I go to work or shopping so I can't understand where that black cover went. I know it isn't related to current no start issue, but it makes me wonder what kind of service I got done from dealer for $1000! Wish I could work on car myself but I don't know about cars other than to check basic stuff.

Has anyone else had issue like with after battery that is only six months old at the most, and a battery from the dealer?

Thanks for listening and any help.

Susan

·
Registered
3 Posts
have the same issue with my 2006 is350 , i thought it might be a starter and i already bought one, however i couldn't find any help how to replace the old starter nor where to find my old starter in the engine compartment. google so much, but at the end i didn't find help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and thanks for your replies,

Dealer has had the car for four days and it is still there! Lexus dealer can't find anything wrong! They made comment that my car isn't driven enough so can't hold charge! That is not a good answer. I drove the car the four days prior to Monday when it wouldn't start. I drove a lot of freeway on Saturday evening so a battery would have plenty of charge after that. What could drain a less than six month old new battery to point of not starting my car in my garage after being driven the prior four days?

Thanks for any ideas and have a good weekend.

Susan

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Do the lights on your dash turn on when you try to start the car, or are all of the electrical components in your car dead? If everything is dead, you may have a problem with parasitic draw. For example, I had an aftermarket backup camera that was killing my battery until I gave it a new power source. If your alternator isn't working properly, it may not be charging your battery when you drive. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but those are two things to look at if the battery is dead.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Take your car to a local mechanic and have them test the voltage on your alternator. That would tell you if your alternator is out and you need a new one. Then test the battery if it's holding charge. It could be that the place you got the battery from gave you a defective battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts