Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i got a bone stock 02 w/ lsd. why is it that i destroy other is300's? my freind has the same car as me, same milage, both from bought from lexus aftrer a previous owners lease so they are well maintained. the way i pull on him is ridiciouls and we both are acomplished drivers... my first run in with a modded is. was the same. he had I/H/E chip n tuned. same ending im out by high 2nd gear. gt mustangs w/ bolt ons cant pull away (minus the new ones) 1.8ts are a joke, even the fairladys are havin trouble. why is mine such a freak? im starting to hear the roumors of all the people shit talkin my car even tho i pop the hood and its stock. any explination??

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Horrible drivers lol... Seriously though, there's no chip for the IS300 so that is bs.

Lextacyis3 said:
alright i got a bone stock 02 w/ lsd. why is it that i destroy other is300's? my freind has the same car as me, same milage, both from bought from lexus aftrer a previous owners lease so they are well maintained. the way i pull on him is ridiciouls and we both are acomplished drivers... my first run in with a modded is. was the same. he had I/H/E chip n tuned. same ending im out by high 2nd gear. gt mustangs w/ bolt ons cant pull away (minus the new ones) 1.8ts are a joke, even the fairladys are havin trouble. why is mine such a freak? im starting to hear the roumors of all the people shit talkin my car even tho i pop the hood and its stock. any explination??

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is pretty bad then... people that cant go in a strightline with their foot to the floor and still not crap on me with over 50 more hp. w/e im not gonna complain at all lol just gettin sick of the roumors

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Please stop with the talk of "chips" for the IS300 thanks

unless he has a SAFC and was tuned with all the mods...totally dif

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
That's funny, I roasted an IS in my Jetta TDI 1.9 with five-speed.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Lextacyis3 said:
apex afc on his dash, suposedly tuned. if he considered that chipped then w/e
I think you considered it a chip.

There are some IS freaks, but to say you are beating Mustang GTs w/ bolt ons is just a rediculous statement. A GT could probably shift a 4000rpms and still give you a lashing.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Strap yourself on the dyno or take it to the track sometime to really find out whats up, thats pretty much the only way to figure out if your car is that great, or you're just getting lucky running into these people.

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
I thought that Fast and Bone Stock IS300 couldn't be in the same sentence. :confused:

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
NMOne said:
I thought that Fast and Bone Stock IS300 couldn't be in the same sentence. :confused:
In relative terms I think it can. We aren't saying its Corvette fast, but just comparing it to a normal stock IS.

That being said...I completely agree :lol:

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
magoo said:
In relative terms I think it can. We aren't saying its Corvette fast, but just comparing it to a normal stock IS.

That being said...I completely agree :lol:
I was about to say, I've always read stuff like "Me? Fast? Please, my IS is stock!"

·
Registered
46,689 Posts
Lextacyis3 said:

a. You are an idiot.

b. Shut up

c. This isn't Japan, It's not a fairlady. *

d. Stop calling an N/A IS300 fast. It makes real cars that ARE fast embarassed to be strapped with the same adjective as your car.

e. Someone move this to The Street so it stops crapping up the good forum.

* On a sidenote to add some semblance of worth to this atrocity of a thread: The Fairlady Z is named after the Musical 'My Fair Lady' which was in turn based on the play Pygmalion. The film version is great for those of you who have not seen it I recomend it highly.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Lextacyis3 said:
You could be an owner of a factory freak.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I think my car is a bit of a "factory freak" Aside from it only having three doors ;)
My friend has a manual IS300 with intake and exhaust and my e-shift keeps up with him.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
He musta got the super secret IS300-S model. :p

As far as the stock to stock vs Z's and GT mustangs.......I really gotta wonder if they're aware there is a race. Not sayin' you didn't beat them but it's really not likely.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ya i when i had my stock 03 350z i could kill gt's and keep up with cobras and i know that no "stock" Is could keep up with a stock 350 they are runin about 290 stock the only thing that beat my z when it was stock was a 96 mustan cobra wtih a super on it so i dunno if u really raced a z.. ya either that or they wern't racing i'm sry but a stock IS is not a comparison to a 350z not tryin to liek promote them in anyway on this forum but its just a more performance oriented car than the IS .. just wanted to clear that up... .. but i am trying to say that u didn't beat them

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dude the stock IS is SLOW....

If you want a humbling experance race an STI..but make sure that the other driver is aware that your racing him ;) :rolleyes:

When I had my auto IS I got smoked by a 2003 PT Cruiser GT auto…now that’s embarrassing :bigSmile:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
my friend had a 92 (i think) honda accord and it was a freak too. This was back in the day and it smoked all other accords of the like. He had NO mods what so ever on his car and it would almost keep up with my moms 94 Impala SS on the highway. From like 60 to 90 i had maybe 1/2 a car length on him. I've also seen him outrun the older hatchback Mustang GT's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts