Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this may sound stupid but why do some people put Carbon Fiber on everything??? I personally think it looks gaudy. It doesn't blend in w/ the rest of the car and ruins the cars classy and upscale image. I know some people use it to cut weight, but really does it make much of a difference?

The following picture, I think, proves my point about CF looking gaudy. Never mind the color of the car anyway :wink:

These are only my opinions. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
385 Posts
My feelings on carbon fiber are mixed. I have chose to go with it on my ride only because it blends in with the GGP. You can't really tell I have a CF hood until you get up close. If I had any other color I would not have gone with carbon fiber.

Here are a couple pics showing you what I mean about it blending in with the GGP.

BenZ

·
Registered
385 Posts
YisSerL said:
From your sig, it looks like you have a lot of graphite cars in your hands! :lol:

BTW, nice pics... :wink:
Thanks! Well just a car, truck, and a bike, but yes some think I have gone GRAPHITE crazy.

Oh well, you only live once and you might as well have fun while you are alive.

BenZ

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BenZ-IS300, I can see in your case and your color that It blends in almost seemlessly. I looks pretty dam good. :wink: If your car is white or yellow and you have a CF hood, it looks like sheit in my opinion. It looks like you got into an accident and didn't have enough money to get a new hood painted so you left it black :crazy: Like I said its my opinion so dont FLAME ME :pissed:

·
Registered
385 Posts
LX4U2NV said:
BenZ-IS300, I can see in your case and your color that It blends in almost seemlessly. I looks pretty dam good. :wink: If your car is white or yellow and you have a CF hood, it looks like sheit in my opinion. It looks like you got into an accident and didn't have enough money to get a new hood painted so you left it black :crazy: Like I said its my opinion so dont FLAME ME :pissed:
Thanks, and like I said I am totally in your boat. There is no flaming coming from me here. If you took it that way I am sorry and meant nothing bad towards you.

BenZ

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No man. No offense taken :wink: !!! I was just letting everyone else know! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
ProjectIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing