Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this may sound stupid but why do some people put Carbon Fiber on everything??? I personally think it looks gaudy. It doesn't blend in w/ the rest of the car and ruins the cars classy and upscale image. I know some people use it to cut weight, but really does it make much of a difference?

The following picture, I think, proves my point about CF looking gaudy. Never mind the color of the car anyway :wink:

These are only my opinions. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
385 Posts
My feelings on carbon fiber are mixed. I have chose to go with it on my ride only because it blends in with the GGP. You can't really tell I have a CF hood until you get up close. If I had any other color I would not have gone with carbon fiber.

Here are a couple pics showing you what I mean about it blending in with the GGP.

BenZ

·
Registered
385 Posts
YisSerL said:
From your sig, it looks like you have a lot of graphite cars in your hands! :lol:

BTW, nice pics... :wink:
Thanks! Well just a car, truck, and a bike, but yes some think I have gone GRAPHITE crazy.

Oh well, you only live once and you might as well have fun while you are alive.

BenZ

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BenZ-IS300, I can see in your case and your color that It blends in almost seemlessly. I looks pretty dam good. :wink: If your car is white or yellow and you have a CF hood, it looks like sheit in my opinion. It looks like you got into an accident and didn't have enough money to get a new hood painted so you left it black :crazy: Like I said its my opinion so dont FLAME ME :pissed:

·
Registered
385 Posts
LX4U2NV said:
BenZ-IS300, I can see in your case and your color that It blends in almost seemlessly. I looks pretty dam good. :wink: If your car is white or yellow and you have a CF hood, it looks like sheit in my opinion. It looks like you got into an accident and didn't have enough money to get a new hood painted so you left it black :crazy: Like I said its my opinion so dont FLAME ME :pissed:
Thanks, and like I said I am totally in your boat. There is no flaming coming from me here. If you took it that way I am sorry and meant nothing bad towards you.

BenZ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts