Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want my car to look good and cool.

I've never cared about making my car track ready, or seeing how beast I can make it on the dyno to see what numbers I can put up to brag about. I just want a sweet looking ride that rolls nice and sits pretty.

Like I want to retrofit my car with all the cool gadgets but I'm not necessarily concerned with the functionality of them. I'm more so wanting to get them for aesthetic purposes.

I want to just start accessorizing my ride. Get the trunk lid/wing carbon fiber wrapped along with the hood then get the 2 hood pop up pins w/ the rings installed, get the full carbon fiber interior dash kit. Carbon fiber wrap the side mirrors as well to complete the CF theme. Get the gauge cluster that fits perfectly where the factory navigation is installed. Get the other triple gauge cluster that runs along the driver door/frame panel.

After looking into them, I also like how some is's look with the roof racks. I don't necessarily have anything to load up on them, I just like how they look when set up on the is300. Just gives the car a nice appearance and adds something to the overall look.

That stuff just looks badass when you got your ride all decked out like that.

I want a show car for the streets, not a show car for car meets or actual shows. You have to pop your hood and leave it up at shows and I don't like that. I don't care to show off like that because I don't care about what swap I do or don't have under the hood. But even then say I did get a turbo swap, I'm not going to race it. I'm still going to be putting around in it like I always have been. So it makes no sense to spend all that money on a swap and getting twice the amount of power when I don't plan on using half of that power anyway.

I'm not a race enthusiast like most of you all are, so obviously were going to have different tastes. But that's not really my scene, I don't affiliate with people that just want to dissect my cars performance modifications like that. I get a lot of people that come up to me and compliment my car as it sits now, and these are just everyday average people so I know they're not going to be all hyper critical of my car, so when they compliment it and as a friendly gesture ask what I've got under the hood I just tell them I've got a 3rd gen Supra motor installed in it. Their eyes light up they say 'damn' maybe reiterate it to their buddies and they leave it at that. And I'm happy with my car at that point.

These race enthusiasts try to talk down to you and act like they're disgusted with your car if you don't have some off the wall s*** to tell them about your setup under the hood. Like those types just give me bad vibes, maybe if that was something I was going for, you could chime in and give your thoughts on my set up. But that's not what I'm going for, so going there is irrelevant and is brought up as a way to slight your clean ride.

Anyway, I know I kind of went off on a rant there, but to get back on track what other cool stuff could I accessorize my car with? Looking for both interior and exterior mods. I eventually want to get a nice ground effects bodykit thrown on it, carbon fiber wrapped roof spoiler, maybe an interior neon light set up since the overhead lamp doesn't really provide enough lighting.

All opinions and suggestions are welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey RUCK
I enjoyed your write up and i agree with you about not wanting to do a swap but for me personally, i just want some more HP to pass those M3s. I like the sleeper look.

1 specific mod that i really want on my IS is to retrofit the Infiniti Q45 projectors. I think they look fantastic. They are a bit pricy but it seems like a fun project.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey RUCK
I enjoyed your write up and i agree with you about not wanting to do a swap but for me personally, i just want some more HP to pass those M3s. I like the sleeper look.

1 specific mod that i really want on my IS is to retrofit the Infiniti Q45 projectors. I think they look fantastic. They are a bit pricy but it seems like a fun project.
Never seen those. Have you ever seen it done on an is300? If so got any pics of the finished product?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
You don't have to do anything. If you're satisfied, that's all that matters. You do seem to be concerned about what other people think though. If I was concerned about what other people thought about my car, I'd want it to be able to out-perform a V6 Accord, which it currently can't.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Like I want to retrofit my car with all the cool gadgets but I'm not necessarily concerned with the functionality of them. I'm more so wanting to get them for aesthetic purposes.

I want to just start accessorizing my ride. Get the trunk lid/wing carbon fiber wrapped along with the hood then get the 2 hood pop up pins w/ the rings installed, get the full carbon fiber interior dash kit. Carbon fiber wrap the side mirrors as well to complete the CF theme. Get the gauge cluster that fits perfectly where the factory navigation is installed. Get the other triple gauge cluster that runs along the driver door/frame panel.
You know I never judge on no one's ideas for their car but what you are thinking of doing its just whack dude, don't do the gauge clusters in center or door frame everything else you should go for it, its your car, but if you decide to do gauges, are the needles going even to have some source of reading? what I mean is are the needles going to move when the car on or are they going to be off or at 0 all the time lol to me that sounds hilarious :lol:

so when they compliment it and as a friendly gesture ask what I've got under the hood I just tell them I've got a 3rd gen Supra motor installed in it. Their eyes light up they say 'damn' maybe reiterate it to their buddies and they leave it at that. And I'm happy with my car at that point.
I dont even know what to think about this...:fool:

·
Registered
664 Posts

My opinion = SELL your car pls!

Reactions: exist3nce

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I just want my car to look good and cool.

I've never cared about making my car track ready, or seeing how beast I can make it on the dyno to see what numbers I can put up to brag about. I just want a sweet looking ride that rolls nice and sits pretty.

After looking into them, I also like how some is's look with the roof racks. I don't necessarily have anything to load up on them, I just like how they look when set up on the is300. Just gives the car a nice appearance and adds something to the overall look.

That stuff just looks badass when you got your ride all decked out like that.

I want a show car for the streets, not a show car for car meets or actual shows. You have to pop your hood and leave it up at shows and I don't like that. I don't care to show off like that because I don't care about what swap I do or don't have under the hood. But even then say I did get a turbo swap, I'm not going to race it. I'm still going to be putting around in it like I always have been. So it makes no sense to spend all that money on a swap and getting twice the amount of power when I don't plan on using half of that power anyway.

I'm not a race enthusiast like most of you all are, so obviously were going to have different tastes. But that's not really my scene, I don't affiliate with people that just want to dissect my cars performance modifications like that. I get a lot of people that come up to me and compliment my car as it sits now, and these are just everyday average people so I know they're not going to be all hyper critical of my car, so when they compliment it and as a friendly gesture ask what I've got under the hood I just tell them I've got a 3rd gen Supra motor installed in it. Their eyes light up they say 'damn' maybe reiterate it to their buddies and they leave it at that. And I'm happy with my car at that point.

These race enthusiasts try to talk down to you and act like they're disgusted with your car if you don't have some off the wall s*** to tell them about your setup under the hood. Like those types just give me bad vibes, maybe if that was something I was going for, you could chime in and give your thoughts on my set up. But that's not what I'm going for, so going there is irrelevant and is brought up as a way to slight your clean ride.

Anyway, I know I kind of went off on a rant there, but to get back on track what other cool stuff could I accessorize my car with? Looking for both interior and exterior mods. I eventually want to get a nice ground effects bodykit thrown on it, carbon fiber wrapped roof spoiler, maybe an interior neon light set up since the overhead lamp doesn't really provide enough lighting.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know I never judge on no one's ideas for their car but what you are thinking of doing its just whack dude, don't do the gauge clusters in center or door frame everything else you should go for it, its your car, but if you decide to do gauges, are the needles going even to have some source of reading? what I mean is are the needles going to move when the car on or are they going to be off or at 0 all the time lol to me that sounds hilarious :lol:
I'm not concerned with getting them connected. People will be checking it out when it's parked more than anything, so the gauges will be at 0 anyway. I just like both of those type of gauge cluster set ups, the center one in place of the navigation looks so clean and flush, plus I always liked the door panel triple gauge cluster set up, so I'm getting both put in.

Plus people will see it through the window and it'll just add to the overall appeal of my car. It's just a sweet set up I've seen in some cars.

Will make it seem more like you're in the cockpit of a fighter jet with all the extra controls and gauges you know? And that's what I'm kind of going for that's why I'm looking to add a ton of accessories to my car both inside and out. Make it like a fighter jet, like a F-22 Raptor theme or something. I haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm not concerned with getting them connected. People will be checking it out when it's parked more than anything, so the gauges will be at 0 anyway.
Don't do it!! You'll be emberrase to take someone for a spin after telling them you have a "3rd gen Supra motor installed" and all your gauges at 0.. :fool:

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
oh boy. This will be good.

·
Cherisher
4,833 Posts
Don't do it!! You'll be emberrase to take someone for a spin after telling them you have a "3rd gen Supra motor installed" and all your gauges at 0.. :fool:
Haha, No worries, guise. He's not doing any of this. He's just trolling for responses, which, we do love to give him :lol:

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Get the 01 bumper with the headlight washer, and jam it so they stay up permanently. Also, add some additional side mirrors just for looks, and yes definitely wrap the secondary side mirrors for CF. For hood pins for your oem hood, why stop at two? For twice the cost you can easily have 4 hood pins!!! Lastly, the crème de la crème mod has to be EXTERNAL speakers. We saw one once at a car mod, needless to say it stole the show.

PS. Make sure you hook up your gauge for your na car so they light up like a disco ball at night. Also consider putting a nos tank in your trunk. Just the tank thought, no need for hose or nozzle.

Reactions: blkdout

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright johnnysks that stuff doesn't even make any sense, it's just too much. Mine are atleast tasteful mods. But I may take you up on the headlight wipers, I remember seeing some Mercedes with those. Might be a nice touch on the is300.

But I was thinking about cutting and splitting a chrome intercooler down the middle lengthwise, and using the front half as a shell cover for my radiator, or mount it wherever it'll look legit.

I always liked that intercooler look peeking through the bumper. I know I wouldn't be able to fit a full one but if I used the front piece and made it into a thin panel I could probably pull it off and make it look good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think the cars look good with the sunroof up. So I think you should leave it open all the time and cut out a piece of plexiglass to cover the hole with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here are some links for examples of the Q45 retrofit. i think they look great. Once again, it is a bit pricy but it looks fantastic
i think the owners of these cars might be members on this forum so you might find a DIY

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is this a troll post?

·
Cherisher
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Alright johnnysks that stuff doesn't even make any sense, it's just too much. Mine are atleast tasteful mods. But I may take you up on the headlight wipers, I remember seeing some Mercedes with those. Might be a nice touch on the is300.

But I was thinking about cutting and splitting a chrome intercooler down the middle lengthwise, and using the front half as a shell cover for my radiator, or mount it wherever it'll look legit.

I always liked that intercooler look peeking through the bumper. I know I wouldn't be able to fit a full one but if I used the front piece and made it into a thin panel I could probably pull it off and make it look good.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts