Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the first to place an order for the IS300. I couldn't wait for it to come to the U.S. But after the pricing was announced and seeing and sitting in the car, I am very disappointed. Why would I pay $31000 for a Civic. I would rather consider buying the Acura TL or CL. The Acuras are better valued and they offer the GPS Navigation System. By not offering the GPS Lexus is lacking behind. Also Lexus should have used the VVTI-L engine instead, which gives more horsepower. The IS has a really cheap interior which does not live up to the Lexus name. IT IS A OVER PRICED CIVIC PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah, Yeah. We keep hearing this all the
time.

Think what you want, but the IS300 owners
will know the difference!

·
Registered
442 Posts
man what next....first bimmer people dissing now honda dissing people....could saturn people be next???

·
Registered
226 Posts
Haha, no but maybe those pinto owners, ok a civic has only hmm.. maybe 100 less horsepower? Maybe a civic... doesnt have 80 % of the options the IS has even the standard feature... Maybe theres no comparison between these to cars at all..... not even the size.

·
Registered
55 Posts
"how is lexus lacking behind by not offering GPS for the IS300" its more like acura is lacking waaaaaayyyyy behind on the designs of their cars. acura needs to get with the program...their cars look ugly!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Civic? So why not Acura, too? Why not every cars on the market?

But seriously, there is a thread better suited for answering your question, "Why are you buying an IS300?"

And as for Acura CL/TL, could it be because they are boring looking? I test drove the CL Type S, and yes, the low-end Acuras represent great values. But some of us are looking for more than just "pure value."

[This message has been edited by Filburt (edited May 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Brandon:
Haha, no but maybe those pinto owners, ok a civic has only hmm.. maybe 100 less horsepower? Maybe a civic... doesnt have 80 % of the options the IS has even the standard feature... Maybe theres no comparison between these to cars at all..... not even the size.
Next will be from AUDI

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost all new cars on the market are offering the GPS system as an option. The IS300 suppose to come with that but for some stupid reason it isn't, instead it had huge ugly ass dent on the dash. 31000 is for the Lexus emblem not for the car. They should make the car a Toyota then it would be a hell of a lot less. The car is hyped up, if you guys really want to see how the car performs personally, go to Longo Lexus on May 26, they will have a IS for people to test drive. Once again, not worth the price!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Im, goin to clear all this up....
HondaFia,
Stop tryin to be all cool. We all know that you like the IS300, and now that you cant get it just because it doesnt have GPS. Since there is no GPS...you have to find all the negative things about the IS300(there are none!!!!). Well..you cant make me change my decision like you and Hondaboy have been tryin to make me do at school...im still gonna buy it...so F#[email protected] OFF
hahahahahahha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey the car was designed to have a GPS and now it doesn't it looks UGLY with the dent. Yes, the GPS was one of my considerations of not buying car anymore. The other reason is the high price tag Lexus had put on the car so that it will be just a little under the BMW. Lexus is capable to lower that price but won't because they have to keep up the image of a "luxury" car maker, which means nothing under $30000. Hey TLIN8, the only reason you like the car so much is because of the japanese IS video I've given you.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Okay, you want a real luxury Civic? Try looking at the Acura 1.6EL. It's a POS and a total joke as far as I'm concerned.

[NOTE FROM TEG:
The Acura 1.6el is a model made in Canada
for Canadians only... Lets blame Canada!]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited May 25, 2000).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At least it's not overpriced like the IS. You get what you pay for. If you pay 31000 for the IS then you're just wasting your money. Why don't you just send the money to me!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Filburt
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing