8> It has a nice stereo
9> It should be reliable
10> It is rear wheel drive
11> The compact size suits me
12> The quirky styling details suit me
13> It has big 4 wheel disk brakes
14> It has yellow rear turn signals
15> It has all of the options
(moonroof, polished wheels, limited slip) that I want.

What other reasons are people using to justify spending $30K+ on this car?

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited May 23, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
And those are exactly the reasons why I am reccommending it... (even though it hasn't come out yet)...
Eric....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
RESALE.
DAMN COMFORTABLE FRONT SEATS.
BEST ALL AROUND PACKAGE UNDER 35K.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Same as TEG's reasons plus:

It's from Toyota/Lexus. My family has owned a few Toyotas and a Lexus...so I've developed a bit of brand loyalty.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I really love Toyota Altezza, that's why I pick the IS300.

·
Registered
978 Posts
1. My current car is on it's last leg.
2. I'm graduating college.
3. I've always wanted a new car.
4. Styling
5. Performance
6. Reliability
7. IT'S A LEXUS! What other reason do you need???

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hmm, for myself, it's because

1. I've driven Toyota/Lexus cars and they have been very reliable and have high level of refinement, comfort, convenience and ergonomics.
2. Of course, it's a real wheel drive compact car with 4 doors
3. Reputation and awards won by Altezza and IS200
4. Good package and highly reliable with good resale value
5. E-shifts
6. Good rear end
7. Interesting dash layout
5. No favour towards BMW 330i or Audi A4 2.8 quattro not because of handling and quality but hard plastic, less refinement, less reliable..

·
Registered
113 Posts
1. Because I wanna beat an A4 and a 3 series at a stoplight.
2. So I can drive around my neighborhood in a car that no one else has, and think that I'm the s**t.
3. So I can tell my boyfriend, "My car can kick you car's a$$"
4. Because I want a faster car. 215HP is hella SWEEEEET!
5. This car would be perfect for mods. I can't wait to "rice" it up.
6. My most important reason: so I can go on the Garden State Parkway and race.

·
Registered
201 Posts
  1. I like rear wheel drive over front wheel drive (but I'm not militant about it though).
  2. I like the smoothness of inline 6 over V6.
  3. I like the idea of a 4 door sports sedan over a sports coupe.
  4. The fact that it's a Toyota product is a bonus.
Style is a very minor point to me. I only buy a car because I like to drive it; I'm not interested in buying a fashion statement.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Geez Kim, it seems like you're a little bit preoccupied with da speed thing to dis da boyz. Honestly, I've seen others try to explain to you and you don't seem to understand. In general I think it's a guy/girl thing, men and women are different, why must everything always be equal? There are girls that like fast cars too. If you don't understand it, it's because you don't get that feeling. You yourself said that you get no kick out of racing. That's cool w/ me. But if other people like it then why get on their case about it? And please do not group mods with ricing the car out. It is NOT the same thing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
HIBBoyScott, The whole terminology "ricing" is when you put a lot of mods on it in addition to whatever other spoilers and kits I want. That's why I want one. And who's talking about everything being equal? You have your opinion on the speed issue, and I have mine. Who's case am I getting on? I said what I had to say and that's it. TEG, asked a question and I'm just answering it.

7. So I don't have to worry about being blown away by Civic Type S...hopefully!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Spectra, I'm having a change of heart. I want to belong with you guys. You know that saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em".

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm waiting to see if the Type R, L-Tuned, etc... of this car comes out and then I'll purchase it. This will be my weekend, vacation, race car. It will be performance modified and nothing on the exterior will be touched. I want to one day be able to take this car to Speed Trial USA. Drive and drift through their track.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wanna race too P.Bear! That's one of the reasons I want one. So I can blow away an Integra. Know any good race tracks in NJ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kim,

You ever been to Englishtown, NJ? They have some import races over there (mostly drag though unfortunately). A lot of the cars you'll see on the street are just for show. A tail here, decals there, at most an intake and exhaust. You get what? Hopefully 4-15 extra hp. I hope TRD comes up with a good turbo charger for the IS300.

Here's some race schedules: http://www.speedoptions.com/eventschedule.asp

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Kim, you're killing me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
14 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing