Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this:

i was coming out of whole foods market, and getting into my car when i saw a lady and her boyfriend (husband, whatever) pull up next to a white bimmer. the lady was driving a blue monte carlo.

her first problem was that she parked like a retarded crackbaby with ADD and toothpicks in her eyes. that's an everyday moron event, so whatever, i pay little heed to that.

then...

the guy in the passenger seat gets out, and in the process flings open his door so incredibly hard and with ZERO attention paid to how close his dumb dumb girlfriend had parked to the bimmer, that his door swings unchecked into the white BMW with a loud "thunk!" he gets out, gathers his girlfriend who seemed to have a hard time negotiating the concept of closing her door, and walks towards the store.

the BMW? medium dent left in the driver side door, paint chipped down to undercoating. what a shame.

people are rude a$$holes. can u imagine if u watched someone do that to your car?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
For that, you should've left a note on the BMW with the other cars license and VIN or something...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by webmaster:
For that, you should've left a note on the BMW with the other cars license and VIN or something...

thought about exactly that, but it really wouldn't have done much good. i would have been a witness, police might have made prelim calls, and that would be that. afterall, i could put any car's plate number on another car and watch the fun. hell, i could even put the dent there myself.

all the more reason to be anal about parking location.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
thought about exactly that, but it really wouldn't have done much good. i would have been a witness, police might have made prelim calls, and that would be that. afterall, i could put any car's plate number on another car and watch the fun. hell, i could even put the dent there myself.

all the more reason to be anal about parking location.

If there was a scratch down to metal, then there is paint evidence on the other car.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by webmaster:

If there was a scratch down to metal, then there is paint evidence on the other car.

not necessarily. there might be residue, but seeing how it rained about 20 minutes later, prolly nothing to speak of.

it wasn't down to metal, just some sort of undercoating. i didn't get too close to check.

·
Registered
242 Posts
geoff, was that in Del Mar? I thought I saw you mention you live there.

Which market was it? I want to be extra careful if I go there.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, i live in michigan. the market in question was whole foods market in w. bloomfield.

everyone around here drives like apes on a thalidomide drip, so u gotta be careful wherever you go.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Don't you mean Lithium Drip (the breakfast of champions)...Thalidomide (SP) was a drug that pregnant women used in the late 60s for morning sickness. It caused some pretty F'd up birth defects no arms or misformed limbs...lots of cases were in Canada. At least that is what I remember from Abnormal Pysch and other courses 10 years ago.

As far as Billy Jo and his Girlfriend it makes me sick how bad people are getting. Driving is a nightmare in the bay area. Even if you park a mile away...someone will put a shopping cart right next to your car if not into it.

I am ready to bust some caps....where is my gat?

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Don't you mean Lithium Drip (the breakfast of champions)...Thalidomide (SP) was a drug that pregnant women used in the late 60s for morning sickness. It caused some pretty F'd up birth defects no arms or misformed limbs...lots of cases were in Canada. At least that is what I remember from Abnormal Pysch and other courses 10 years ago.

As far as Billy Jo and his Girlfriend it makes me sick how bad people are getting. Driving is a nightmare in the bay area. Even if you park a mile away...someone will put a shopping cart right next to your car if not into it.

I am ready to bust some caps....where is my gat?

if u saw the flipper-armed prebirths driving around here, you'd realize that thalidomide is on the loose in a big way.

btw, u r the only person ever to know what thalidomide does.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Maybe we all should try to park the car a little bit further and try to park in the spot where the both sides are cars of similar conditions and similar class..

·
Registered
342 Posts
AndyL-that doesnt really matter sometimes.
At my "upscale" gym, Ive seen lots of people fling open the doors of their M-Bs and Bimmers, and bang the cars next to them. It just depends on the person I guess. Some people just dont care about other people's possessions.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Some rules I use when parking:

Park in end slots, especially the ones where my drivers side door opens to the car next to me. Less likely for someone to open their door towards my car.

Don't park next to minivans. Minivans means kids and they usually fling their doors open when getting in. Minivans with sliding doors are okay.

If you're lucky enough to see the person whose is parking next to you, then try to stay away from parking next to cars carrying kids or overweight folk. Larger individuals tend to need to open the door to its maximum.

Park along a curb if you can and avoid getting crammed into parking lot stalls.

Park next to more expensive cars. I would think that the owner is looking to prevent dings as well.

Take an older car to run errands if you have that option.

·
Registered
262 Posts
A lot of you guys suffer from either obsessive-compulsive disorder or a severe case of paranoia. If you're so scared about getting a scratch on your car, leave it in the garage and ride your scooter around instead.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey, I just like to protect my investment. I guarantee that many people take that extra minute or so to take safeguards against potential hazards. To me it's a whole lot better than paying for dings and chips.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by viggen:
A lot of you guys suffer from either obsessive-compulsive disorder or a severe case of paranoia. If you're so scared about getting a scratch on your car, leave it in the garage and ride your scooter around instead.
Viggen, Would you squeeze your new car in between two Expeditions or choose to park in an end space?

I bet you 99% of IS drivers attempt to park in a way to minimize dings.

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
262 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Viggen, Would you squeeze your new car in between two Expeditions or choose to park in an end space?

I bet you 99% of IS drivers attempt to park in a way to minimize dings.

I do it all the time. But then Iowa isn't like San Fran or Boston or West Bloomfield. The folks here are respectful of other people's property.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts