Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put 5 grand down on a Neiman Marcus IS-F. It was required to hold vehicle. I'm told by my dealer in Vegas they have 4 people with deposits. They said they have no idea what their allotment will be, that's why they take the deposit. Apparently, first come, first served.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
we have no deposits on them at my dealer...yet, we have about 5 deposits down on the LF-A!!! :approve:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last I spoke to my sales guy I am #9 on the list and 5 more people turned in deposits after me and waiting. Has anyone heard an official release date.?

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Last I spoke to my sales guy I am #9 on the list and 5 more people turned in deposits after me and waiting. Has anyone heard an official release date.?
Barring any unexpected change, IS Fs should start arriving at dealers at the very end of February or early March.

Reactions: MoonlightSilver_IS

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is-f

I put down $300 on the IS-f at my local dealer. #3 on the list its at 6 and growing. They required 2 color choices and a basic contract.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a deposit for $500 on the IS-F, but decided to hold off and get an Infinity G35x Sport instead for now. Market been bad lately for stocks, and the IS-F cost was a little too high to justify it for now. Maybe in a few years I will pick up a nice 2-3 year old one.

I guess I should call the dealer and get the deposit back...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put down $2,000 in Oct./20007, cancelled out and bought an IS350 in Dec. ($20,000 price difference finally got to me), and the next door neighbor has a $1,000 deposit since Nov/2007(he's #3 on list), and they tell him, delivery maybe March/April. He hasn't specified what he wants yet, so I suspect delivery is even farther off. The 350 is more than I can use.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I put down $2,000 in Oct./20007, cancelled out and bought an IS350 in Dec. ($20,000 price difference finally got to me), and the next door neighbor has a $1,000 deposit since Nov/2007(he's #3 on list), and they tell him, delivery maybe March/April. He hasn't specified what he wants yet, so I suspect delivery is even farther off. The 350 is more than I can use.
You have a good point. An IS350 is fast enough to get you in trouble. An IS-F won't be of much use in the average American suburb except to get you a felony speeding conviction!

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Barring any unexpected change, IS Fs should start arriving at dealers at the very end of February or early March.
yup..we finally got in brochures this past week for the showroom....with fold out posters of the blue IS-F....:cool:

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
yup..we finally got in brochures this past week for the showroom....with fold out posters of the blue IS-F....:cool:
Nice! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am just about to shoot an email and get my $1k deposit back after 1 year. Happy for those who have enough money to get a great IS-F.

I am pulling out just for one reason a heck for a price jump from its
IS250 = 31K base
IS350 = 36K base (increase of 100hp / better brakes = 5K bump in price)
IS-F = 56K base (increase of another 100hp/best brakes/ almost a manual-wtih very fast shifts = 20K bump in price).

I am 23, i can't afford to pay for both rx350 and IS-F; atleast for now based on pricing

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
just out of curiousity for you guys who put a deposit down. are you guys paying msrp, msrp+mark-up, or below msrp (highly unlikely)? or did you guys put money down and will negotiate the price later?

·
Registered
38 Posts
No deposit. I will buy one someday when they are plentiful and the dealer agrees to $3000 under MSRP.. I really like the car, but this is no Z06, GT-R, or other car that deserves a premium over MSRP at launch.

·
Registered
832 Posts
In my situation last two years i spend alot of money modding my G35 coupe with everything top notch Jdm parts. Plus recently got married. However i did manage to put a deposit for a Is-f for $1000.00 plus i finally had the opportunity to test drive the ISF in Morosso. The only thing that is bothering me is that due to the current bad economy my business is not doing as good as it use to. Therefore hate to take a risk.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts