Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I'll have my new wheels soon...
In light of this, I'm thinking some wheel locks are in order. I was told to look into the ones by McGard. (sp?)

Anyone have some suggestions for me regarding this?
Thanks,
-Bryan

p.s. Yea, I'll call "my shop" tomorrow for their opinion, but curious what you guys are using. 8)

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
first, you should check what kind your wheels need.. our lugs are 12x1.5, but the shape you need depends on your wheel. i am personally using muteki lugs, which require a special wrench to open up.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
irv_usc said:
first, you should check what kind your wheels need.. our lugs are 12x1.5, but the shape you need depends on your wheel. i am personally using muteki lugs, which require a special wrench to open up.
Ok, sounds good...I'll get on that.
thanks. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
fsusucks said:
I bought the Rays Duralumin Anodized black lugs. I am waiting for my wheels to put them on but they are sweet. :D
He's asking about LOCK nut lugs...

BK9, worse comes to worse, if you're not sure of type, you can drive with 4 out of 5 lugs (if not too far away) and go to a wheel shop and buy it there with your wheels on your car there at the wheel shop, or just buy it at the place that's going to mount & balance and install the wheels (if they have it). Take care.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey isman do some research if you don't know what you are talking about. :roll:

For your info the Rays Duralumin Anodized lugs come with 4 (7 sided) wheel locks with a special key per set.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
jc whitney sells gorilla lock in set of 20.. therefore every lug can be locks using 1 key.. I use them.

I have chrome locks but they also come in basic colors and black.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
fsusucks said:
Hey isman do some research if you don't know what you are talking about. :roll:

For your info the Rays Duralumin Anodized lugs come with 4 (7 sided) wheel locks with a special key per set.
Hahaha, dude relax. I won't even go there. I know about the 7 sided lugs mang.... I have Gram Light 57F Pros with Rays lugs & 7sided diff. shaped lugs...Sheesh someone is quite jumpy :roll: . Anyone with the key for the 7 sided lugs can open them that's why. It's not unique like a key...I don't give peeps advice unless it's from my personal experience, instead of heresay info from 3rd party...So don't roll your eyes on me, smile be happy. :( :D

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
YellowIS5spd said:
jc whitney sells gorilla lock in set of 20.. therefore every lug can be locks using 1 key.. I use them.

Damn, kinda off topic, but I noticed your wheel sizes. Wow, how did you get 8.5" to fit in the front? What offset and tires size are you using, and what fender mod. did you do with what drop on your car? Does it rub?Tks. PM me if you can.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
isman said:
YellowIS5spd said:

Damn, kinda off topic, but I noticed your wheel sizes. Wow, how did you get 8.5" to fit in the front? What offset and tires size are you using, and what fender mod. did you do with what drop on your car? Does it rub?Tks. PM me if you can.
running 19x8.5 +45 with 235/35/19 I rolled the front a little no major fender works. I have 1.5" drop with Tein HA. normally it doesn't rub but when I'm pushing really hard turning on bumpy roads it only rubs slightly.. I can totally live with it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
chobits said:
so where can i get this MCGARD lock from other than dealer
thanks
Do a search for McGard on the web.

I just ordered mine this past week. Actually, I am getting mine replaced. Since I'm sick, I got a little careless removing the nut and the lock slipped and got stripped. They're covered under warrenty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts