Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agreed! Looks awesome! I hope they make a set that actually replaces the rear light cover instead of the fancy sticker.

The spoiler is very nice too. Are they from Tod Millen as well?

----

Originally posted by Gotago:
I bought mine from Rod Millen and I think they look the balls...and now it doesnt look like every Honda Civic,Prelude, ( IS wanna be ) anything to hide those ugly tailights...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey vvtipwr, I'll be honest. at first i liked the stock lights. I used to think it was radical and new. now i wish they weren't like that. because my car is silver, the stock lights seem to somewhat blend in (thank GOD). As for the RMM light covers, i think that makes it look even worse. they make my car look like a rice-rocket wannabe. something i am trying to steer away from. but if you like it, then go for it. hehe =)

·
Registered
142 Posts
ELS:
Nahh they dont stick out that much they are beveled on the edges and they hold real good Ive pressure washed the car and they dont move. as long as you clean the tailights with alcohol first...and it took about a week and a half to get them, I ordered them two weeks before x-mass too, so I was pretty surprised...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Shara:
I put them on...real easy...clean the lenses and then I just aligned them with the body lines closest to the trunk and then around the top of the light..they really fit well so that makes it easy...

·
Registered
142 Posts
kkambbak9399:
Every body has there own opinion thats what makes all this great..we learn from each other..but as for the paint I didnt do it..they came painted, I think I am going to have another layer of clear coat put on, they did look kinda dull...but the metalic matches well..I had a no so good camera

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
Jealous idiots...hmm...jealous of what?
Just because somebody doesn't like what you have, automatically makes em jealous? nice logic.

vvtipwr asked what we thought, I stated my opinion on how I felt about its appearance and also how I felt of the price/value. The tailights on the IS are not ugly, the imitations that are on every other civic, mustang, f150 and dodge grand caravan are. and those covers do make the IS tails look like skyline taillights. and the fact that they are not flush with the body further uglify it. i do agree that the tails are played out and i would like a different look, that is why i am looking for tails that have the chromed part blue, but i am not going to settle on slapping a plastic cover. but thats just me. just because i dont have the same opinions as you, and dont jock your balls cause of your mods, does not degrade your purchase, (what does it matter what I think about your car?) so shut your trap and be happy with your mod. and BTW, you show an astonishing amount of maturity and poise when you revert to namecalling.
Hey Don,
Yeah your logic is any better huh...the last time I check I wasnt refering to you, it was for the people that like to put vulgar jestures in...so try to control the Big Brother act huh.. and remember I didnt start off with the insults...and I wasnt refering to you either, I do respect your opinion but I dont think that the ethnic remarks are needed...ahhh a little worse than name calling huh ?I'd say so. And speaking of poise..." shut your trap " oooo good one...

·
Registered
142 Posts
luvmyride:
I got te spoiler from the dealer, its an after market..Lexus doesnt make one yet...so Ive been told by the dealer...

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I'm kinda getting tired of the stock tail lights... I mean it seems like every damn japanese car in my area has em now.

Actually, a little while ago, somebody posted pics of lights that were sweet looking. Instead of the chrome, it was matched to the color of the car, and the outside was still clear... anybody have info on those?

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by Gotago:
Hey Don,
Yeah your logic is any better huh...the last time I check I wasnt refering to you, it was for the people that like to put vulgar jestures in...
Really? Vulgar gestures like? "Tailight covers add horsepower to your car!!!! It turns your car to skyline!!! You can kick almost every car's ass on the street with that cover!!!! It's better than viper stripes!!!"?, no that couldnt be vulgar, he put a
after each comment.... so whats vulgar, there were only a few posts in between, oh, could it be the "they can kiss my Asian ass" remark? that can be seen as vulgar, to little children and elderly women. but then again, so can the "look the balls" comment that someone said, who was that vulgar person, oh that was you. my "vulgar comment" wasn't aimed at anyone but Rod Millen's company for charging so much for plastic stick ons.

so try to control the Big Brother act huh.. and remember I didnt start off with the insults...and I wasnt refering to you either, I do respect your opinion but I dont think that the ethnic remarks are needed...ahhh a little worse than name calling huh ?I'd say so. And speaking of poise..." shut your trap " oooo good one...
Big brother act, hmm... someone asks for opinion, i reply, another person asks if it was a replacement light or just a sticker, i replied, you called those who didnt agree that they were "the bomb" jealous idiots, and that was a blanket statement. thank you for respecting my opinion, i cannot see how i missed it in the jealous idiots post. I respect everyones opinions as i kno not everyone has the same tastes as i, and that is why i am prepared to take the good and the bad whenever i ask opinions or open myself to comments (like when i post pictures of my mods)
Ethic remarks....hmm.. like racist comments?, I swear I have searched up and down this page and never once read a racist comment, do you mean "rice"? no, i didn't say anything about luch, hmm... wha..oh you mean the "they can kiss my Asian ass" one, don't you? well, I could have said "they can kiss my big fat ass" but my ass is not big nor is it fat, I could have said "they can kiss my hairy cellulite ridden ass" but then again its not that hairy or cellulite ridden, well, that leaves "they can kiss my Asian ass" because, well, last time i checked, i am Asian and i assume my ass is too. so what sense does your argument make? so that kills your "Don is a bigot *******" defense, now what? oh, right... the "its not directed at you so you can drop it, don't worry about me making blanket statements since everyone will kno its not meant for you" defense... hmm.. that dont fly too well in my parts. even so, you made the "look balls" remark, and someone else replied with the "Rod Millen licked your balls" comoment, which was pretty damn funny. and the "shut your trap" comment, perhaps i can agree with you and rephrase it, how about; "your mouth- shut it, you reply- shove it" no... that sounds like someone's line, so that wouldn't be proper, how about "stop bitching and moaning"? or addendum "stop bitching and moaning about vulgar comments when you were the instigator, else it makes you look the hypocrite"? ahh forget it, read it and decipher it as you wish.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by IS JOE:
I'm kinda getting tired of the stock tail lights... I mean it seems like every damn japanese car in my area has em now.

Actually, a little while ago, somebody posted pics of lights that were sweet looking. Instead of the chrome, it was matched to the color of the car, and the outside was still clear... anybody have info on those?

I saw it on this one website, and it only comes with black. Not matches to every colors. ONLY black. They are 1 grand for a pair. That's foking highway robbery. It ain't worth that much money.

------------------
K.P. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
I kinda like the covers. Does anyone have pics of them on ablack car? Hmmm. I could use those for the winter when the chrome from the lights dont really go with the aluminum rims. And in the summer I could take them off! By golly Im on to something chaps!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts