Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says..
I'm trying to squeeze more PSI out of this Vortech but doesn't look good.. :(

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
most likely a no brainer... but i'm assuming you've already tried a smaller pulley? (though too small and you will need a custom idler pulley to keep enough of a belt wrap on the sc pulley to make the psi)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
also not sure, but there may be a ratio enhancing pulley/gear system available, or you may be able to have on custom fabbed (always pricey to go that route though)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm looking to SC in the near future, but have you already upgraded your SC pulley? Don't they have one that produces up to 20psi?

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we're spinning the blower at its Max, Vortech has said their pulleys that bump up PSI are designed for their kits, not custom made kits. IE. Mustang Kits, Focus kits, etc.. They cannot say that this pulley will produce this PSI on this blower if its not their designed kit. Using their calculator on their website, I've entered the pulley size, crank pulley size, redline RPM and as calculated previously, we're only getting 8 PSI max.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm pretty much seeing who has gone from SC to Turbo..

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
OR..

just upgrade to a different S/C unit...look at DasGalloway and his Rotrex....for example..;)

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup.. thats another option as well T.. just don't want to pickup another blower.. if I have to go to another blower, then I'd more than likely go Turbo..
Das is the supercharged man..

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
jesus sam...ur craving more already?!?!?!?!?!?!?! its ok its ok...

im kool..

N/A ALL THE WAY BABY =D

hey good luck, and i can never thnak you enough for helpin out...

-Aaron

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I went from s/c to turbo, not really b/c I had to have turbo, but it was cheaper power for the money compared to another s/c upgrade. I really like the the two different power delivery feels though. If I had to do over again, I really don't know what I'd pick. If I could actually have the same power level with an s/c for around the same price, I'd probably......well.........the turbo kick is hard to beat, but the constant pull of the s/c was also very satisfying :>)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts