Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We usually cook and invite some of our friends over for Thanksgiving. My mom is going to be busy tomorrow.

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
I will do a few things, but my brother does the lion's share of the work. He does a real good job, too. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xjayx300 said:
T Man said:
We usually cook and invite some of our friends over for Thanksgiving. My mom is going to be busy tomorrow.

:wink:
We???

Your mom still gives you baths...
No, I am perfectly capable of bathing myself. And yes, I do cook, and I can make some good stuff like ramen noodles.

:crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
we ate the turkey today, since some friends invited us on thanksgiving..

mom did most of the cooking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,381 Posts
Sanctuary said:
I am making a 2 layer caramel apple spice cake and taking it to my sisters house. All I need is to find some sugar cane syrup and I'm all set.
that sounds delicious!!!!!!! care to share the recipe?


it goes without saying that I am cooking - I always cook

today I'm baking - 4 pies and some bread
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,741 Posts
azure_sea said:
Sanctuary said:
I am making a 2 layer caramel apple spice cake and taking it to my sisters house. All I need is to find some sugar cane syrup and I'm all set.
that sounds delicious!!!!!!! care to share the recipe?


it goes without saying that I am cooking - I always cook

today I'm baking - 4 pies and some bread
I will absolutely share the recipe with you, just let me see if I can find the link and I will PM it to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,381 Posts
BWN 7 said:
azure_sea said:
today I'm baking - 4 pies and some bread
Pumpkin, Apple, Sweet Potatoe, and Cherry!!

Gotta have Cherry.

As you were.
you know what? I have made pumpkin pie every year - changing and tweaking the recipe, but it generally doesn't get eaten. My apple pie is really good so I make two of those, a custard, this year I'm making a chocolate and instead a pumpkin coffee cake type thing.

My mom and sis were the ones who loved pecan - neither will be at the table :(

and I don't like cherry pie, but I love peach - wrong season for that though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,808 Posts
My mom will be doing most of the cooking since we are staying in town this year. Since I also love to cook, I'm gonna make the desserts: Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ sour cream sauce and spiced apple pie.
 

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Joined
·
26,421 Posts
azure_sea said:
BWN 7 said:
azure_sea said:
today I'm baking - 4 pies and some bread
Pumpkin, Apple, Sweet Potatoe, and Cherry!!

Gotta have Cherry.

As you were.
you know what? I have made pumpkin pie every year - changing and tweaking the recipe, but it generally doesn't get eaten. My apple pie is really good so I make two of those, a custard, this year I'm making a chocolate and instead a pumpkin coffee cake type thing.

My mom and sis were the ones who loved pecan - neither will be at the table :(

and I don't like cherry pie, but I love peach - wrong season for that though
Pumpkin Pie - HUGELY overrated (and kinda gross, IMHO)

Cherry Pie - ENORMOUSLY underrated. My favorite, by far.

Close second - Dutch apple ala mode.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
19 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top