Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning forum. I work at Customs in San Diego, and yesterday morning we checked through a white RHD Toyota Altezza with bronze wheels that came from Japan. Inside the container besides the car, were some wheels, and a body kit, which was actually inside the car and we had to remove it in order to get inside to drive the car out of the container to the holding area. I had never drove a RHD car (I drive a 99 Accord) and it was very very weird shifting and getting in and out on that side of the vehicle. Is this anyone on this forums vehicle? I won't give out the name on the invoice to protect the owner, but the car is supposed to be transported to New Jersey, with the final stop in Aubereen (sp?) MD to a shop called USSPEC to undergo the necessary emissions/saftey requirements.
If this car belongs to anyone on this forum, I just wanted to say bad ass car!!! And its turbo!!

VR Jason Calderoon

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
not my car... i wish it was though. haha

but thought id let you know the company who's helping that person import the car is us specs from aberdeen maryland

they helped my friend when he brought his car over from japan :)

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
hmm.....
San Diego huh? ... I'll be over to pick it up shortly. :lol:

... JDMAltz?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
has to be

he was talking crap to me on AIM about it the other night like a tool so I blocked him cause I was tired of reading his crap (hope you see this maltz)

So yeah he was saying it would be here :rolleyes:

told him that no one cared, and wants to know why he can not come back to the forum and wanted me to help :lol:

hell no glad he is banned

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assure you no one contacted me to come onto this forum about their car! The only reason I even knew to come onto this forum and post is because the car has a IS300.net sticker on the passenger (or in this case the drivers side) rear window.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
jim_jones said:
I assure you no one contacted me to come onto this forum about their car! The only reason I even knew to come onto this forum and post is because the car has a IS300.net sticker on the passenger (or in this case the drivers side) rear window.

his name is Tarik

and he is a fag

hope the car breaks

thanks that is all

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMPRIMIS: As a matter of fact, that is the name on the Altezza's invoice/shipping information. I will not under any circumstance verify the last name however, even if you post it.
Regardless, even if the owner is not a well liked member of this forum, I as a car enthusiast must give credit where credit is due. The car is phenomenal, and sounds like a Formula One car when revved.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
jim_jones said:
IMPRIMIS: As a matter of fact, that is the name on the Altezza's invoice/shipping information. I will not under any circumstance verify the last name however, even if you post it.
Regardless, even if the owner is not a well liked member of this forum, I as a car enthusiast must give credit where credit is due. The car is phenomenal, and sounds like a Formula One car when revved.

*yawn*

we know the owner

Search for JDMALTZ on here

He is a tool, no one cares he has an "altezza" here in the US, I don't

so just ship the car to wherever or nearest dump thank you.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMPRIMIS: I'm un-intrested in the owners previous history on this forum. He may or may not be a tool, but at the very least he's a tool with (as far as i know) a car that probably no one else in the US has. And that is what i give him credit for.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
jim_jones said:
IMPRIMIS: I'm un-intrested in the owners previous history on this forum. He may or may not be a tool, but at the very least he's a tool with (as far as i know) a car that probably no one else in the US has. And that is what i give him credit for.

:rolleyes:

*yippie*

/sarcasm

like I said I don't care

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please stop posting that you don't care IMPRIMIS. You have said it 3 times now. I get the point. You don't like the owner. Fine. But the car is pretty bad ass weather you like to admit that or not.
I didn't post this to start an argument or stir up an controversy. I was only curious to find out if the owner of this Altezza was a member of this forum. And now that I have found that out, I really have no reason to post anymore. I don't own or care about IS300's to be honest.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
easy imprimis...

we all know jdmaltz had more than his fair share of shortcomings...

Jim, glad you like the car, but doubt you will be able to contact the moron who owns the car on this board anymore, since he was baneed for being exactly what Imprimis refers to him as. A tool.

but yes, the car is supposedly quite nice, and based on the posts in this thread , if you feel the need to "test" the car for "probable custom violations", go ahead and take it for a nice long spin. I'm sure JDMaltz wont know the difference, since his IQ is no higher than the radius of the wheels on his car.

If you see any other cool cars, take some pics and post them up here, we are always keen to see what gray market cars can be had here ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
Ill wait to see where the IP check comes in from before i comment.

By the way Mr. Customs agent do you have a number someone can call you at to verify this information?

and from what i remember when i was trying to do the import on a skyline i wanted to bring over the car does not leave customs except to go straight to the company that is doing the emissions work on it then it has to COME BACK to customs to be verified or its crushed.

Thats just what i was told and i spent 5 months of my life desperately trying to get a skyline sent over here from australia.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
amitkc: If i really wanted i could contact the owner since he is supposed to be calling tomorrow morning to verify the car was recieved. I took the car for a short test drive around the parking lot, but I being the car was RHD, I didnt feel very comfortable shifting with my left hand and driving on that side of the car. Besides the clutch is EXTREMELY grabby. It's aftermarket for sure. To be perfectly honest we (including my self) stalled the car about 5 times before we were even able to move it out of the container.
In terms of taking pictures, of gray market cars, I would love to but its illegal for me to do so, so I can't help you there.
The wheels on the car were 18's up front and 19's in the rear, and the car rubbed bad when we unloaded it out of the container. However i didnt notice any rubbing in the brief test drive of the car

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
how do you run an IP check on a user? unless you have direct access to the my.is server, and are running an ethereal scan or something similar????

Pray tellme OKCIS how do we as users see other users IP addresses?

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OKCIS: I personally do not have a number i can be directly reached at, but the Customs Agency does have a website.
I think the difference between your situation and this situation, is that the owner is a member of the Armed Forces. The car is going to be taken directly to the RI (registered importer) in maryland like previously stated. After the necessary work is completed the car will go back to Customs for a final inspection. From previous experience, members of the Armed Forces have it alot easier than normal civilians when importing a car into the US.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.