Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SpectraBlueIS300, my TIPS4 friend, and I were at the Burke Lake car meet. It was fun to see all the modified cars and speak to the owners. There were 4 Audi TT's there. My black roadster, a red coupe, and two silver roadsters. Four S4 a few M3's, an M5 and a BUNCH of superchared/Nito Civics, which could probably run circles around most cars on the road. SpectraBlueIS300 was the only one with an IS300 which shows how rare of a bird it is. We were there for only about an hour between 11:30 to 12:45 but I learned a lot and was glad I went....
Eric....

·
Registered
291 Posts
MD Altezz and I were there - got there at 1PM.

Parked beside "Amulett" - the red TT.

I think I saw you leaving - was there a black IS 300 also?

T'was only me - silver , Marlon (White) and another white IS.

Too bad we didnt catch up.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jebzter,
SpectraBlueIS300 was the only IS300 I saw there. The black one that you mention probably got there afterwards. I parked on the right side of the Red Audi TT coupe (with Authority stickers) and silver Roadster (his wife's car). It's too bad that we couldn't meet up. It was such a beautiful day and I thought there wouldn't be many more of those days until it became cold so I brought the TT. Hopefully SpectraBlueIS300, you, MD Altezza, and I could meet up another time soon...
Eric...

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited October 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw some civics at the burke auto gathering with turbochargers and nitrus. How fast are those cars? I saw gone in 60 seconds in which a turbo civic gave a good run to a Porsche 996 C4. I imagine Civics weigh significantly less than 3000lbs, so I'm sure they could fly...
Eric....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm glad everyone had a great time at Burke lake! I'm sorry i didn't get to meet you Erick and SB. We eventually found a grill,
and cooked up some hotdogs and chicken after you left Jebo. Sorry!

It's too bad the ferrarri guy didn't show up... but there was an NSX! Good end to a
great season.

------------------
Marlon
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
978 Posts
I left probably right before MDAltezza and Jebzter showed up
But it was cool to be able to meet and talk to other enthusiasts in the area. Some surprises that I saw:

1) How many TTs and S4s showed up
2) That kid driving up in a //M5
3) Not that many people ripping off the Altezza/IS 300 tail lights
I think I only saw one, a modifed Neon

·
Registered
291 Posts
MD Altezza:B-B-Q? Yum?! How about this weekend again... with the 'FIND' event? Give me a ring bro...

Are you posting them pics?

Erick...any other IS' with Red Calipers?

When's the next meet?

Hope you're enjoying the TT...take advantage of Mother Nature's beauty while it lasts...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Erick,
My buddy and I made around 1:30ish. He was the only Celica we saw while we were present I saw the Amulet TT and his wife and the 2 IS300s next to them. I liked the IS300s a lot better when I got closer. Very nice cars! I only saw 1 other S4. I hope we meet at some point...
-KJ

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KJ
Yeah photos don't do the IS300 justice. It does look very nice in person in any color.... Yeah maybe the 6-8 of us could get together sometime soon and all of us meet this time...

Eric...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
S4tunate...

that was Jebzter and myself next to amulett
i'm glad you liked our cars...

i think everyone had a good time being enthusiasts... showing off our pride and joys.... and why not.. we work hard for it!!

------------------
Marlon
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to the "Authority" driver of the Red Audi TT coupe, his car was pushing 286 horsepower. He told me that his car was doing 0-60 in the low-mid 5's and was a 160mph car. wow!... he had several modifications done to the car including replacing the diverter valve, changing the chip, etc...
Eric...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah - amulett is one of those owners, of whom, after 20 years, his car will still look as good as it did the day it left the showroom.

The RED TT Coupe was absolutely spotless - the car casted a reflection of my Silver IS!

Amulett - you should set up a forum on how to clean cars!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
speaking of the reflection ... here are the digital pix...

BURKE LAKE MEET

enjoy... i'll scan some other pics hopefully soon.

------------------
Marlon
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by MDaltezza:

BURKE LAKE MEET

MDAltezza,
Thank you very much for posting those nice photos!
Hopefully we can have another gathering like that soon...
Eric...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by MDaltezza:

BURKE LAKE MEET

Thank you very much for posting those nice photos MDAltezza
.... Hopefully we can have another gathering like that again soon...
Eric...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
yeah.. i especially like the reflection of Jebzter's IS in AmuleTT's car... i saw it and took a shot ... then asked my bro to take a digital shot... man that car was clean....

i'm glad you liked them...

------------------
Marlon
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts