Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone uses the remote and not the keys, here's a good product to plug the key hole on the driver's side.

from BumperPlugs

you have to shave the base with a xacto knife a little bit, but it's a 1 minute DIY.

IMO, the car looks way cleaner with the key hole plugged.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
i use mine since i have an autostart :)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Looks good! :)

Reactions: altezzagita

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use mine because I'm too lazy to get a new battery for me remote.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I just thought of something else... you could paint that plug black and put it on. Then it'll look like you have a button on the handle like the other cars do with key-less start systems.

Reactions: ALtEZZA_mANiAC

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I just thought of something else... you could paint that plug black and put it on. Then it'll look like you have a button on the handle like the other cars do with key-less start systems.
hahaa great idea

·
Registered
54 Posts
My key hole doesn't work. I can used the key to locked the door, but can't unlock it. One time, I had to climb in the trunk, unzipped the ski-rack extension bag, and used a long stick to pull the rear passenger lock switch to get in. Only positive note about it is, even with my master key, a thief still can't get in through the drive door :)

But that does look like a nice mod.

·
Registered
175 Posts
that's sharp. do they come in different colors? and how much?

also, my batt is dead right now, only been for a month or so. can you buy the batts at a lexus joint? or are they normal enough to buy at wal mart or a battery store?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts