Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what looked to be either Gunmetal gray or black wheels and thought my car was an A4 I'm not here to troll or start a flame war I just wanted to tell him be a little more civil and not let it go to his head just because he thinks he can beat everything on the street there is always going to be someone out there that is faster and someone faster than that guy too!

------------------
Hey wait did we just get spanked by an AUDI???

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
What do u think about the fact that S4 and A4 look so similar. Do u think they should've been more aggressive w/ the design?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly to anybody that knows there cars you can easily tell the difference just like in Mercedes and BMW. For example look at the clk 320 and 430. 320 has black trim all around the bottom 430 is all one color. Same principle on the S4 vs. the A4. A4 has black trim and S4 is one solid color. BMW E36 3 and E36 M3 look for mirrors because they sell the moldings to anybody who wants an M look alike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way guys I'm in Los Angeles, Ca so if you know who the guy is just let him know

------------------

·
Registered
341 Posts
I love these posts made under the guise of providing us a civics lesson.

Hey, Blown, not to start a flame war here, but look up the difference between their and there.

[This message has been edited by Kompressor (edited January 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see if you read what I wrote you noticed I wasn't talking **** but now if you want me to I can! But I'm not gonna go that low. I did not bash your site here I did however ask who this guy was. What is the harm in that? Yea I like what you wrote for your description too...Only in your dreams pal

·
Registered
759 Posts
S4...hmmm...vs a 2JZ-GTE? I hope you like Altezza style tail lights...

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I don't think so...

Mind you I don't even have downpipes or turbo upgrades yet so yea I would love to see altezza tail lights oh and btw that time is on street tires no slicks at Carlsbad...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
What's up with your redundant username? You know, kind of like bradbrad.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Didn't really sound to me like he was trying to be a tough guy looking for trouble.

The majority of you people in here take everything far to seriously.

Audi isn't crap either.

Cheers!

Originally posted by kkambbak9399:
everyone tries to be a tough guy on da net..
so what if u find out who it is??
watcha gonna do bout??
go back to crap AUDI forum..

late

------------------
'01 Audi TT 225hp Quattro Coupe - Raven Black - Bose - Premium Package - Premium Grin

·
Registered
759 Posts
An S4 will SMOKE a stock IS. But a turbo IS will beat an S4...your car is 700lbs heavier...and 2JZ-GTE produce more power. It's like saying an S4 will beat a modded Supra...even a modded IS couldn't beat a modded Supra...the fastest S4 in the country runs like 13 flat or high twelves.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph

·
Registered
112 Posts
By no means that I want to add any more flames. However, why compare a moded IS to a stock S4?? Sure moded IS would be faster, but what if he throw in a StageIII in his S4?? He can even smoke a CLK55 AMG with ease, not to mention turbo IS...

Just my thought....and FYI, S4 is one of the most tunable turbo charged car. Really don't under estimate what S4 can do...

A quick, simple chip change can bump the HP/Troque to 350hp/340-360lb-ft with minimum or even NO internal changes what so ever....

P.S. What's the point of this thread again?? I still don't get it??

Andy Kuo

------------------
Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

http://akry.homestead.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Accord R sorry about the bad picture I'm uploading my latest time slip from carlsbad that was what I was trying to do earlier and like I stated before when I ran this time it was on street tires, not 4 slicks and I'm not even done modding my car

------------------

·
Registered
759 Posts
Originally posted by AKRY:

Just my thought....and FYI, S4 is one of the most tunable turbo charged car. Really don't under estimate what S4 can do...

A quick, simple chip change can bump the HP/Troque to 350hp/340-360lb-ft with minimum or even NO internal changes what so ever....
The IS can handle 600 rwhp on stock internals. If I upgrade my head gasket and my fuel system when my turbo is done being installed I would be able to put out in the vicinity of 550hp. I'm not saying anything against the Audi S4...but the IS 300 basically just came out. Give people time to tune these and they will be extremely fast.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
15.1 @ 92 mph

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hmmmm, I'd love to see that much power to the wheels last you for more than a week with stock internals.

Get a clue.

·
Registered
818 Posts
But then the immature people out there wouldnt get to relive elementary school by having pissing contests

They both are nice, which makes you wonder if these stupid arguments will ever cease.

Originally posted by jasono31:
can't we all just get along...

s4's are nice cars and so are is300's

------------------
Justy
99 328i
01 IS300

·
Registered
511 Posts
600 hp throught that auto? Kaboom. Even Supra owners have transmission and drive shaft problems.

First of all, I thought the IS was a sports sedan? All out drag car? What a waste. Why not just buy a used Supra?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts