Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if TRD or someone else makes a complete polyurethane suspension busing set for our car to replace all the rubber bushings?

I've searched, but could not find a conclusive answer.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
378 Posts
TRD Does make a complete set.. It's made of hard rubber not poly.. I have installed a few piece strategically.. Will eventually do the entire car..

Labour + Parts is roughly 50% each as it's a pain to install..

Nice difference though as I have done the Front Suspension and it feels better..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chin Kwan said:
TRD Does make a complete set.. It's made of hard rubber not poly.. I have installed a few piece strategically.. Will eventually do the entire car..

Labour + Parts is roughly 50% each as it's a pain to install..

Nice difference though as I have done the Front Suspension and it feels better..

Thanks alot... could you please tell me where to order them, i.e. phone number and supplier? Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My computer is down but I will be posting pics of the TRD bushing install along with the Supra Caliper install tonight..

BTW, bushings are not expensive by itself (definietly more then the Enerygy Suspension stuff that I used for my Honda) but the labour is what makes it such an expensive mod..

·
2,045 Posts
I have the complete suspension bushing kit on & must say they are excellent. The handling is sharper, makes the car feel more solid and quieter. The difference in feel and sound when going over fast bumps is like difference between shutting a S class Mercedes door & a Kia; a solid thump vs. clang.

Chin Kwan is right, the complete suspension bushing kit is only 38.8K yen, but the labor can get expensive bucause all the arms will need to be removed from the car and a hydraulic press used to remove/install the bushings.

Go here for part bushing numbers & reference.

http://www.trdparts.jp/parts_bush-altezza.html

Here for other Altezza related parts.

http://www.trdparts.jp/list_altezza.html

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Chin Kwan said:
My computer is down but I will be posting pics of the TRD bushing install along with the Supra Caliper install tonight..

BTW, bushings are not expensive by itself (definietly more then the Enerygy Suspension stuff that I used for my Honda) but the labour is what makes it such an expensive mod..
Hey man, where did you buy the bushings you installed?

Thanks!

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
the most important of all for the IS from my experience are the rear ones w/ rear bracing.

The rear end deflects in stock trim under extreme corner loads. This is primarily because of bushings, but also because of arm design. With high horsepower this can also be noticed under hard excelleration. Add wider and better tires than stock and this only worsens the affect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.