Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else out there is having a very hard time waiting until aug/sept when they come out? How many other people come to this site atleast once daily to feed their 'IS' craving? For me, being able to look at it everyday, talk about it, and learn more about it, makes the wait for the '02 a little less agonizing. I just want to know who else out there is having to endure this torture?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i am, i have also made my own site dedicated to IS's and modifying them and what i am going to do to modify mine.

not to mention, i already purchased a motor (2jzge) to build up so that it is ready to install as soon as i get it. shooting for atleast 650rwhp, but we will see.

Originally posted by Shara:
Who else out there is having a very hard time waiting until aug/sept when they come out? How many other people come to this site atleast once daily to feed their 'IS' craving? For me, being able to look at it everyday, talk about it, and learn more about it, makes the wait for the '02 a little less agonizing. I just want to know who else out there is having to endure this torture?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Been waiting ever since last July. It's hard but the I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just gonna have to wait for a deal, I'm not paying MSRP.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I too am waiting for the manual. The thing is though, it will be very hard to pass up the deals on the 2001's when the 2002 are put on the lot. In addition, I would really rather wait until Dec 2001 or Jan 2002 to make my manual purchase in order to get the best deal. I don't know if I can wait that long though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 2001 IS (5-speed). I really hope it lives up to its promises and my expectations!

This board is helping to soothe my anxiety however. IMHO, it is one of the better boards out there for objective information and feedback.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi everybody i'm waiting for 2002 i already
placed an order for it at longo toyota in el monte. Can't wait till aug or sept either way
it will be mine. currently driving 2001 model
silver with lsd have many plans for the 2002 stick red lsd nav. planing as well to turbo charge it and wide body kit in the works currently have been speeking with blitz racing and hks going to the nopi car show in long beach california feb 10 and 11. Taking digi still camera and post some pics. don't
worry well be kinging some major but out there when we get our cars.

·
Registered
180 Posts
damn i feel u shara, i do the exact same thing...august is half a year away...sucks but i got one on deposit at longo also so i'm gonna get it as soon as they come on the lot...i dream of that day every single day...its pathetic

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hey Shara, I recently sold my 2001 IS300 (even though I loved it), and am currently waiting for a 2002. I placed an order with my dealer for a red car with every possible option (leather, Nav, bigger wheels and sportier suspension, manual OF COURSE). I'm not sure when I'll get it, but I hope it's soon...till then, I'm enjoying my Supercharged 2000 Toyota 4Runner LTD - it's luxurious and it's fast.

red 2002 - soon
18"

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wonder how many people are going to get the new red... Will it be as popular as black and sbm? (2 of the more popular colors IMO) We'll just have to wait and see

Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Hey Shara, I recently sold my 2001 IS300 (even though I loved it), and am currently waiting for a 2002. I placed an order with my dealer for a red car with every possible option (leather, Nav, bigger wheels and sportier suspension, manual OF COURSE). I'm not sure when I'll get it, but I hope it's soon...till then, I'm enjoying my Supercharged 2000 Toyota 4Runner LTD - it's luxurious and it's fast.

red 2002 - soon
18"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does anyone know if there will be any other
new colors in 2002 besides red?

I personally prefer the 17" wheels to the
18" ones shown at the autoshows. Does
anyone know if the stiffer suspension only
comes with the 18" wheels?

Thanks!

·
8,107 Posts
Stiffer suspension is standard, 18" wheels are optional (thank goodness, they're ugly). Save that money for a supercharger.

Originally posted by sid:
Does anyone know if there will be any other
new colors in 2002 besides red?

I personally prefer the 17" wheels to the
18" ones shown at the autoshows. Does
anyone know if the stiffer suspension only
comes with the 18" wheels?

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
14 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing