Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
instead of such a general question, let me ask you to specify

why would you use any of those parts, do you know why certain ones would benefit one situation, and others another situation. what are you trying to do with your car?

answer those questions, else you are wasting everyone elses time with a question that is too general

-gte

RxVedub said:
Who, with a manual trany, has changed to another Toyota trany? Which trany are you using?

One or Two piece drive shaft? steal, aluminum, or carbon?

Also what differential are you using? Stock or other Toyota?

What LSD? stock helical, Kaaz, ???

This link is help full
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jar1/codes.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I biult an IS300 with a PFS stage2 and am looking for different possibilities on the trany and dif for drift.

Just need to know which trannies and difs need how much fabrication. Also need to make a decision on which is actualy worth the work.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the r154 does not need a change of the differential, as the final drive ratio is pretty much identical to the stock IS's

the v160 should use the supra rear, which requires fabrication and it requires axles

-gte

RxVedub said:
I biult an IS300 with a PFS stage2 and am looking for different possibilities on the trany and dif for drift.

Just need to know which trannies and difs need how much fabrication. Also need to make a decision on which is actualy worth the work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not woried about Gear ratio as much as the labor that is involved. I came to the conclusion that a V160 is not worth the time. Actualy I was originaly going to to do the V160 with the N/A supra dif which has 427 gears. This gear ratio would help spin the tires REAL easy for drift. But the labor involved was not worth it for the tranny or the supra dif.

Now I would like to do the R154 with the stock IS dif, but with a KAAZ lsd. Just want to know if the drive shaft will fit, shifter will be in the same location or close enough, and if the ring and pinion in the dif will take the abuse. Also dose the IS shifter fit the R154, the car has a plp shifter.

Apretiate all the help guys!

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the stock driveshaft and shifter do not fit

i can sell you a kit for either trans so that they fit, but thats about as far as i can help you with that

-gte

RxVedub said:
Im not woried about Gear ratio as much as the labor that is involved. I came to the conclusion that a V160 is not worth the time. Actualy I was originaly going to to do the V160 with the N/A supra dif which has 427 gears. This gear ratio would help spin the tires REAL easy for drift. But the labor involved was not worth it for the tranny or the supra dif.

Now I would like to do the R154 with the stock IS dif, but with a KAAZ lsd. Just want to know if the drive shaft will fit, shifter will be in the same location or close enough, and if the ring and pinion in the dif will take the abuse. Also dose the IS shifter fit the R154, the car has a plp shifter.

Apretiate all the help guys!

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I'm using a 2 piece...the front 1/2 was bought from GTE :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$750 for a two piece steal drive shaft?

If i remember correctly, I can get a one piece carbon fiber one for a little more.

All they are doing is taking the two piece and shortening or extending the front half of it.

I think with a one piece, I will not be able to get the end of the drive shaft to match the pinion angle on the diff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts